ad: CQMM-1

World's Oldest Ham Operator Recognized

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by NL7XM, Aug 31, 2015.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
  1. K3DC

K3DC Ham Member QRZ Page

Sounds like QCWA better get Certificate # 2 ready. God bless them both.

73, Bill

K3XR likes this.
  2. WX4CAZ

WX4CAZ Ham Member QRZ Page

YOU GO CHARLIE,,,,GREAT

NL7XM likes this.
  3. VO1XH

VO1XH Ham Member QRZ Page

Congratulations,that is quite an achievment sir.May you continue to enjoy amateur radio and God Bless.73
    Don Payne,VO1XH

NL7XM likes this.
  4. OM2GM

OM2GM Ham Member QRZ Page

Congrats to both. Here is confirmed the fact, that our hobby is the best medicament for a long life. ....
    Tibor, a twice approved ham

Last edited: Sep 1, 2015
    NL7XM likes this.
  5. W7DRN

W7DRN Ham Member QRZ Page

'Grats to both HAMS!

NL7XM likes this.
  6. N0UF

N0UF Ham Member QRZ Page

Congratulations to Charlie and Harry!

We will not need Certificate #2 for awhile as they are only issued to active members and Harry has only, (ONLY), been licensed for just over 75 years.

Harry was a member until 2005. He is now an active member again as I just paid for a 1 year membership for him.

As he has now been licensed over 75 years, QCWA will issue a Life Membership to him.

Hence, QCWA should now have the 2 oldest hams.

47 es 73,
    Bob Roske, N0UF
    QCWA Webmaster

N3REB and NL7XM like this.
  7. K8CPA

K8CPA Ham Member QRZ Page

those guys are real hams. Back when you actually had to know something to get a ticket. God Bless 'em both. :D

NL7XM likes this.
  8. G4OBB

G4OBB Ham Member QRZ Page

W2RP.
    What a guy, a true giant of ham radio, and a gentleman.
    I first came across Charlie in the early 1980's ( heady times )..I was a young man new to HF. He was an inspiration to me, and his ability to work out mathematical problems (he was quite old then) was astounding.
    I worked Chas almost every day back then, we had a group on 14.272, called the RC net ( ragchewers )
    After decades it finally petered out, as old father time gradually caught up with the members...Chas's brother W2IIU SK, K5ZOZ SK, G3LYT SK, and others I cannot recall...

I well remember Charlie explaining to me how controlled feeder radiation antennas worked..I couldn't understand where the second "leg" of the dipole came from..I remember him saying " imagine the leg exists, and is of bare wire, now, bring it back closer to the co-ax cable, until in touches it and BECOMES PART OF IT...now do you understand Des??? It was like a light bulb came on in my head....what a teacher.
    I don't think Chas is active anymore, but I shall never forget the sound of his voice.
    I'm so glad that I have some recordings of parts of our many QSO's , when I realised that slowly but surely it was all coming to an end.

Those wonderful days can't come back, but beautiful memories remain.
    Of course I'm much older now, but still active most days!!!!

Glad to share this with you all

73 Des G4OBB

NL7XM likes this.
  9. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Classy!

NL7XM likes this.
  10. KA7W

KA7W Ham Member QRZ Page

Very good, That is gonna be a record that will be hard to beat, And I thought I was getting some where with 61 years of hamming LOL

73 and keep up the good works,

de KA7W
    Tom Wilson
    Hamlin, Tejas

NL7XM likes this.
  11. G7HUJ

G7HUJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Many congratulations Charlie. i hope im still on air at 105. Unfortunatly it wont have been for 90 years.

All the best

Steve, G7HUJ

NL7XM likes this.
  12. AJ5F

AJ5F Ham Member QRZ Page

Congrats, Charlie! Kinda blows the environmentalist-whackos theory about RF being detrimental to ones health!

NL7XM likes this.
  13. G4FTF

G4FTF QRZ Lifetime Member #102 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Congrats Charlie, I wonder how many DX's in 90 Years?

NL7XM likes this.
  14. WA7PRC

WA7PRC Ham Member QRZ Page

QCWA is for young 'uns. When you've been at it least 40 years, you're eligible to join the Old Old Timer's Club (http://www.ootc.us/).

Anyway, congrats to both Charlie and Harry!

vy 73 es gl,
    Bryan WA7PRC
    Continuously Licensed since 9/4/70

15. W1JTS

W1JTS Ham Member QRZ Page

congrads Charlie I know a lot of hams that would like one too that's awesome

NL7XM likes this.