ad: Halibut-1

Your right to resell your own stuff is in peril

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by K0PKE, Oct 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
  1. K0PKE

K0PKE Ham Member QRZ Page

2. KA9UCE

KA9UCE Ham Member QRZ Page

The story is pure garbage, and Chicken Little...

3. W4BUZ

W4BUZ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

After the last big supreme court decision, Im not surprised that they dont want us selling our own stuff that we paid for and paid taxes on

The story is only garbage to those that choose to walk around with blinders on every day :rolleyes:

Wake up America, regardless of what side of the isle you choose to be on, you are losing your rights one by one, we cant afford for a liar to appoint another judge to take more of our rights away

4. ZL4TE

ZL4TE XML Subscriber QRZ Page

or if you don't live (or bother about what happens in) the USA

5. K2NCC

K2NCC Ham Member QRZ Page

I must have missed something. Could you specifically tell me what are some of the "more of our rights" that have been taken away? Or is this something you parroted from the Fox "News" channel?

Although I do have the opinion that our President shouldn't be able to appoint Judges.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2012
  6. K2NCC

Your economy is highly dependent on it's exports. It might not hurt you, but might affect those impressive employment numbers you have there if the demand is stunted due to restrictions in the US.

7. KB3ZGV

KB3ZGV Ham Member QRZ Page

I remember when this wouldn't have bothered me because I pretty much only bought American made goods. Now it's impossible to only buy American. :( :( :(

8. N8DC

N8DC Ham Member QRZ Page

NO IT ISNT. I JUST BOUGHT 4 NEW TIRES FOR MY PICKUP AND RIGHT ON THE SIDE WALL IT SAYS MADE IN USA :)
    Sorry about the caps lock Hi Hi .
    Dave N8DC

9. K2NCC

Careful about trusting that. For instance, something made off the coast of China in Saipan, being an "an unincorporated territory" of the US still gives us a "Made in the USA" label.

Oh, and if those tires were a BF Goodrich, Bridgestone, Dunlop, Firestone, General, Michelin, Pirelli, or Uniroyal (and several others), they're foreign-owned companies. Although possibly MADE in the USA, that's not where you money is trickling up to! (and don't get me started on where the raw materials come from!)

Last edited: Oct 8, 2012
  10. KD4RDS

KD4RDS Ham Member QRZ Page

This case before the court is based on something quite different from you and I selling, or attempting to sell, an item or two of our personal property. The person in this case, was having friends and family buy a product in another country, having it shipped to the U.S. where he then sold it in an obvious attempt to circumvent the copyright holder's legal interests in this country. He was trying to be "slick" and got caught. Nothing more, nothing less. Supreme Court Justices, I doubt, would apply so broad of a brush to this issue as to institute a wholesale ban on selling your property. This fellow was not selling "personal" property. He was circumventing the system in this country.

11. ZL4TE

ZL4TE XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Not necessarily so. Our economy imported 45.073million$NZ and exported 46.072million. Our $ is fairly high against our main trading partners (Australia and China), and this actually inhibits our exports as they are relatively expensive abroad.

12. N8ZCC

N8ZCC XML Subscriber QRZ Page

It would be impossible to enforce this if it happens.

13. MW1CFN

MW1CFN Ham Member QRZ Page

What a load of codswollop!

Going to employ thousands upon thousands of 'enforcers' of this, are they? Sounds like a good prompt for the black market, to me.

Is there anything else we can worry about today?

14. KM6MB

KM6MB Ham Member QRZ Page

Reading it and literally interpreting it, the end of second hand sales shops, used car lots, pawn brokers and many other used goods outlets, even charity stores!

15. W1LVT

W1LVT Ham Member QRZ Page

This.

That Wall Street Journal Market Watch report is nothing but sensationalism and irresponsible reporting by Jennifer Waters. The WSJ has long since descended from great business reporting. Thanks a lot there, Rupert Murdoch.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.