ad: Schulman-1

Most Colossal Repeater System in the USA - K6UDA Radio Episode 28

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by K6UDA, Sep 23, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
  1. K6UDA

K6UDA XML Subscriber QRZ Page

EP28 Thumb.jpg
    Imagine a repeater system covering 80 meters through UHF, all linked together, controllable on your HT & linked to distant repeaters over RF. We'll visit the mad scientist who dreamed this one up & he's going to explain how it all works. Also, a review of the new Btech UV-5X3 tri-band HT. Oh yeah. Danielle's back too. Don't miss this one.
    Order a shirt: https://igg.me/at/k6uda/x/5349846

K3RW, K7ELJ and KG5ILR like this.
  2. N6YUV

N6YUV Ham Member QRZ Page

Another great one! It is a fun repeater system, especially the HF remote function.

3. KB3WGE

KB3WGE Ham Member QRZ Page

WOW & Hi Danielle this 1 sounds REALLY COOL 73's Jimi !!!

4. AG7BF

AG7BF Ham Member QRZ Page

Some of the weaknesses of the HT are mitigated by the ability to program it with a computer, but I totally agree that a better menu and screen would be nice for the price point. What's the output?

5. KY5U

KY5U Ham Member QRZ Page

Run all repeater audio thru a patch panel so you can bridge in and listen. All PTT logic to transmitters to an LED panel labeled. Every output to a forward reflected watt meter. Cut down on service time. I serviced a complicated "patch me into" system controlled by computer and could resolve issues in minutes for Police and Fire Departments.

Great show Bob and Danielle's commitment to a wet t-shirt expo at 5K subs might do the trick! :):) Remember we're all old men with 18 year old brains.

KF4ZNL, AD0JA and K3SX like this.
  6. WN6LNZ

WN6LNZ Ham Member QRZ Page

what are the size of the t-shirt so we will the right shirt
    wn6lnz

7. K3RW

K3RW Ham Member QRZ Page

Sorry if a dumb question--but do repeaters necessarily have to be FM?

8. KO6KL

KO6KL XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I would like to see more Linear Transponder repeaters to cross band SSB from 2m to 440 or 1.2 , like a satellite but on a hill top... seems like it would be fun.

9. K0UO

K0UO Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

One more good show, great job.

10. W0PV

W0PV Ham Member QRZ Page

aka On-Channel Active Repeaters (OCAR) - see link below,

http://www.sonic.net/~n6gn/ocar/ocar.html

They seem to be popular out in CA, mostly on higher microwave UHF bands though. I agree, being all-mode" multi-QSO capable they would be more fun then single-signal FM "ker-chunk" boxes, yet still could be used on FM simplex (but why?)

Wish there were some in FL; does any one have info or a directory of any others?

73 de John - WØPV

AF6LJ likes this.
  11. K9PLG

K9PLG Ham Member QRZ Page

Now THAT IS A REPEATER SYSTEM !! never seen a uhf/vhf repeater linked to an HF transceiver before - well done... Another enjoyable video - hope you get your 5k soon...

12. KE0LCL

KE0LCL QRZ Member QRZ Page

now is it legal for a tech to get on? we just need all the rest of the band's in there then well really be rockin 40 80 160 20 15 the whole thing then people all over the world can talk to a simple local town person. the heck with my Allstar idea of linking the west to east this is simply great

13. K6UDA

It's another 5 watt radio.

14. K6UDA

Order what ever size you like.

15. K6UDA

Hope I get to 5K soon too. Thanks.