ad: Radclub22-1

QRZ Logbook Goes LIVE / QRZ-100 Contest

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by AA7BQ, Jun 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
  1. AA7BQ

AA7BQ QRZ Founder QRZ HQ Staff QRZ Page

We're pleased to announce that the QRZ Logbook has ended its test period and is now in LIVE operation. The test program generated more than 45,000 log entries and by all accounts was a smashing success.

All contacts recorded from this point forward are ACTUAL log reports, eligible for QRZ Awards credit.

Yes, we got this going just in time for Field Day. It seems like a great way to kick off the logbook and as of just yesterday, we've added some new features to the QSO logging pages that will facilitate contest logging.

Logbook uploads should be available soon. We're testing and finalizing the upload code now and expect to have them available sometime next week. Logbook downloads in ADIF format are already available.

Announcing the QRZ-100 Contest

With the kickoff of the new Logbook, we're also starting our first contest called the QRZ-100. The object of this contest is to be the first person to log and get confirmation from 100 other QRZ members. This contest applies only to logs that are generated on the QRZ web pages for QSO's that take place starting today. The winner of this inaugural contest will receive a QRZ-100 Certificate, a complimentary QRZ Platinum Subscription for one year, as well as a listing in the QRZ Hall of Fame as the first person to reach the QRZ-100 goal.

The rules for the QRZ-100 contest are simple. Be the first to confirm contact with 100 other QRZ members. Any legal band/mode/frequency can be used, but it must be a two-way contact. Contacts obtained as a result of this weekend's Field Day are eligible so there's no excuse not to take advantage of the opportunity. The contest is open to all QRZ Ham members, regardless of subscriber status. There is no entry fee. Log verification will be done by QRZ and based solely on confirmations received online. Remember that this is a contest to be the first person to achieve QRZ-100. Runners-up will be listed on the QRZ Awards Scoreboard and may purchase frame-ready certificates for a nominal fee.

Please note that since we're a bit new at this, we might have to adjust some of the specifics as circumstances warrant. Should that happen, we'll make every effort to make sure that overall fairness is the rule of the day. Just be sure and check back on these pages for any breaking developments.

2. AE7HF

AE7HF Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Good job.. look forward to using it.. I lost my ones I had in there :( waaaaaa lol

3. MI0GTM

MI0GTM Ham Member QRZ Page

I look forward to using it many thanks'

4. WB8PUM

WB8PUM Ham Member QRZ Page

Fantastic addtion to QRZ!

Great Job Fred! And a great contest to promote the hobby! As always QRZ becomes better and a staple to our hobby! All of us hams have QRZ and the rest of the world has Google! :)

Ted Randall

5. VA2UTC

VA2UTC QRZ Member

I like this tool. It allowed me to confirm a contact that I could not on EQSL because the op is not registered with that site. Good also as a backup or main log. Of course one should have a paper or computer logging program but, I like cloud computing and besides I need bigger disk space or better yet a new laptop just for ham stuff he he.

Cliff VA2UTC.

6. YO3ICT

YO3ICT Ham Member QRZ Page

Good job but I it's totally useless unless we can upload multiple contacts at a time (all log upload).

7. N4QA

N4QA Ham Member QRZ Page

Great job, Fred!

Fred, I have to say that making QSOs and logging them into the QRZ log in a jiffy is a real pleasure!
    QRZ log is Much faster (and more versatile) than those other electronic QSLing systems!

73 & 72,
    Bill, N4QA

Last edited: Jun 26, 2010
  8. K7JBQ

K7JBQ Ham Member Volunteer Moderator QRZ Page

That feature will be coming soon, as soon as Fred is reasonably convinced the system can handle all those QSOs coming in at once.

Bill

9. G8BVJ

G8BVJ Ham Member QRZ Page

LOG BOOK LIVE

Thanks very much for all the development work. I have been using the trial version and liked it very much.

I have started using the live system and love being able to look up someone I am working and then logging them on the system.

Well done everyone involved.

73 Tony G8BVJ:):):):):)

10. K2WH

K2WH Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Could or would this be defined as "Cloud Logging"?

K2WH

11. VK2HV

VK2HV Ham Member QRZ Page

qrz-100

this will be great if the ARRL would accept it :confused:
    Congratulations Fred for all the hard yards.

Paul vk2hv

12. AE1PT

AE1PT Ham Member QRZ Page

QRZ-100 is one of our awards. How does the ARRL factor into that picture? :p

Last edited: Jun 27, 2010
  13. N4EDX

N4EDX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Thanks for the efforts and looks like fun!

I would like to uplaod what little I have from the 10-10 contest in 2008.
    47 states worked that weekend and I'm still trying to get all confirmed :)

On the QRZ logs I managed to actually log 60-70 contacts these past few weeks.., I find it easy to check out who I'm qso'ing with while I log'em at the same time!
    73's
    Ed

14. W8ZZU

W8ZZU Ham Member QRZ Page

What is "cloud logging"?

15. K8MCN

K8MCN XML Subscriber QRZ Page

maybe it is cutting clouds into logs and taking them to the sawmill??

just kidding, cloud logging is a takeoff on the use of the word "cloud" as an acronym for backing up data etc on the internet to a server. Kinda like you are sending the data "up" into the nether, it is stored for you there and ready to be recalled by you when you need it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.