ad: ProAudio-1

New HF Net-14,316 Broadcasters HF NET

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KE7GGV, Sep 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
  1. KE7GGV

KE7GGV Ham Member QRZ Page

This is KE7GGV(Extra) in Albany Oregon.

I have formed The 14,316 Broadcasters HF Net-Sunday's 2300 UTC.
    This net is a gathering place for current and former Broadcasters/Engineers in (Radio/TV). All Amateurs are welcome.

This is a open net that welcomes roundtable discussions,techincal tips and ideas,questions and more. All is ask is common courtesy.

I know there is The CBS Retirees Net and a SBE Net but I wanted to provide an alternative net for people in Radio/TV.

It is just simple check-in with your Callsign,Name and QTH.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BCHF/

Thx DE KE7GGV 73(Net Control)....

jerrygaule@ymail.com

2. K4KCS

K4KCS Ham Member QRZ Page

I will be out of town for the next week or so, but I will eventually check in with you, propagation permitting. C U then. 73 de K4KCS, Paul "Slim" Copeland, Greenville NC

3. KL7AJ

KL7AJ Ham Member QRZ Page

A capital idea! I shall make every effort to pop in occasionally.

4. W7WXV

W7WXV Ham Member QRZ Page

I think thats a great idea, i will try to listen for you guys since my technician license doesn't allow me to actually check in.

5. KN7S

KN7S Swapmeet Moderator Emeritus Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Superb! Will make every effort to check in!

6. KE0VH

KE0VH Ham Member QRZ Page

Also an SBE IRLP Net for broadcasters, engineers, and IT folk

This is really great to see another broadcasting net on HF.

I run the SBE (Society of Broadcast Engineers) IRLP Hamnet the first and third Saturdays of the month at 11 am Mountain time, 1pm Eastern time. Details on how to join us are at www.qsl.net/ke0vh/SBEhamnet.html. Cut and paste this URL into your browser and feel free to contact me for more information at ke0vh@qsl.net. And, there is the SBE IRLP HF Hamnet run by Hal Hostettler WA7BGX the 2nd Sunday of the month, on or about 14.205 Mhz at 2400 UTC Sunday/0000 Monday.

Details on both nets are at http://www.sbe.org/chapter_find.php and we stream the IRLP Net (and hosting WA2YZT repeater in Denver) at http://denver-sbe-net.ham-radio-op.net

Please join us anytime even if you are not associated with broadcasting but are just interested.
    73'
    KE0VH

7. KE0VH

KE0VH Ham Member QRZ Page

SBE IRLP Hamnet

The SBE IRLP Hamnet is great for licencees that cannot access the HF bands yet too.

8. WA3VJB

WA3VJB Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Watch for people checking in on retired broadcast transmitters, won't you ?

9. AA0CX

AA0CX Ham Member QRZ Page

Great -- sounds good -- I'll be there if the black hole in the upper Midwest lets me:

- Ex: KOMA 72-76, KFYR 76-79, WMET-FM Chicago (78-79)WDAY84-98), currently Dakota News Network (serving ND and SD) studios in Fargo ND.

10. NL7W

NL7W Ham Member QRZ Page

Upgrade ASAP! :)

11. N0SYA

N0SYA Ham Member QRZ Page

Is the freq chosen in honor of that carrier from all the tv sets on 14.317?
    The old Icom net eventually, finaly, after years of blindly slogging on with it, moved to get away from that wonderfull carrier.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.