ad: BerryVille-1

Man found guilty in murder of amateur radio couple

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by NN3W, Oct 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
  1. NN3W

NN3W Ham Member QRZ Page

SANTA ANA, California (AP) -- A former child actor was convicted Monday of murdering three people, including a couple who were tied to an anchor and thrown off their yacht off the California coast.

An Orange County jury found Skylar Deleon, 29, guilty of three counts of first-degree murder and special circumstances for financial gain and multiple victims.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/10/20/yatch.killings.ap/index.html

RIP KD7VWJ and KD7VWK

2. N7WR

N7WR Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Based upon the 1st Degree with Special Circumstances conviction he will likely get the death penalty---then, because it is California, he will languish on death row for years and years at a cost to the taxpayers of millions of dollars by the time he eventually dies of natural causes.

3. N2RJ

N2RJ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

But don't you know that the anti-death penalty folks will quickly point out that life in prison is more expensive than execution?

4. KE5FRY

KE5FRY Ham Member QRZ Page

Actually it isn't. Considering the cost of manditory appeals, it is considerably cheaper to keep a person in prison for life than it is to execute them. It seems counterintuitive, but it's true.

5. N2RJ

N2RJ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Sorry, I had a brain fart, I meant that life in prison was cheaper... :D

6. WR4AB

WR4AB Ham Member QRZ Page

Pathetic justice system

This slimeball needs to be put to death. More expensive or not its worth every penny to rid the planet of this cold blooded worthless criminal.

7. NI1L

NI1L XML Subscriber QRZ Page

just tie the ass..le to an anchor and "let him go"

8. W3MMM

W3MMM Ham Member QRZ Page

I've been considering buying a big amp. I could use a dummy load to go with it...

9. W6EM

W6EM Ham Member QRZ Page

Yep. Just like Charles Manson. Of course, Manson had his death sentence commuted to life, thanks to the CA Supreme Court and its overturn of CA's death penalty back a few years. What a shame.

Skyler Scumbag deserves to die, and expeditiously. If it were Florida or Texas, they wouldn't waste much time. Just the appeals and then its done. CA lets them sit there for 20 years, while the CA taxpayers pay for their life extension. Even if it were a federal crime and conviction, the punishment would have come much quicker.

You would think that San Quentin is too nice a place to be the only capital punishment prison. CA has lots of prisions. Administer the dope at all of them so that there's "no waiting." I suspect the reason for only SQ, was back when they used something more sophisticated like an electric chair or gas chamber.

10. K0RGR

K0RGR Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I think he should be hung by his gonads...

11. N9MOQ

N9MOQ Guest

. .

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 19, 2008
  12. WA2SMS

WA2SMS Ham Member QRZ Page

OH, Just hook him up to a batty charger, and toss a a couple of porkchops in his lap, so the guards have someting to Eat

Steven M. Strauss, WA2SMS
    ARRL, OMISS, 6 Meters World Wide CLUB, Casper ARC

13. K7GFH

K7GFH Ham Member QRZ Page

It always suprises me how well the families of the victims handle interviews and comments. Hoping justice will be served, happy about the current preceedings etc. I could never be so calm if a member of my family was murdered. Unfortuneatly I would be very vocal to the press about how hopeful I was that the "accused" got off on some "technicality". That way I could take care of the SOB myself. Pretty sure I would be waiting in the driveway at the courthouse for the "accused". Sounds like a dumb move I know but for someone or a couple like the above story to be killed in such a way just churns my stomach. FOX news reported this a few days ago but went into more detail of the final minutes before they were tossed over. One or more of the "accused" spilled his guts. In some off chance that "Skylar" might get a few minutes in front of the computer while in the penn I would like to share my hopes and aspirations that he be used as the community blow up doll. Assume the position Skylar.

14. K7ZZY

K7ZZY Ham Member QRZ Page

He will most certainly languish.

California currently has over 600 inmates on death row.
    Since the death penalty was re-instated in 1978,
    California has only performed only 14 executions.

So, at California's rate of execution, 1 every two years or so,
    the execution of all now on death row should be completed
    in around 1200 years, give or take.

It's mind-boggling to think that if California increased it's execution rate to 1 per month,
    it would STILL take over 50 YEARS to empty death row,
    even if no-one else were ever condemned again!

Last edited: Oct 22, 2008
  15. K0HWY

K0HWY Ham Member QRZ Page

If it was just a matter of giving him the death penalty and eliminating yet another piece of scum from our society, I'd say go for it. But over time, I've concluded it's not only cheaper but somewhat better to give these animals a life without parole prison sentence. Having them caged up, like the animals they are for the rest of their natural life with no chance of ever enjoying the freedoms and joys of the outside world just seems appropriate. No, I'm not getting soft in my old age...far from it. I'm just saying, given the circumstances and choices, that seems more harsh.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.