ad: portazero-1

Maritime Radio History Society

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by CT2JUT, Aug 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. CT2JUT

CT2JUT XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Maritime Radio History Society Web Page

Wonderful website with videos and audio files from very old and well maintened powerful transmitters.

Check out the transmitters maintenence, antennas and also hear that marvelous mercury rectifier tubes buzzing! :D

Very interesting, worth a look to remember those very misssed good old times! :)

Enjoy!

Link: http://www.radiomarine.org/

73 de Miguel

CT2JUT

2. KC0WWD

KC0WWD Ham Member QRZ Page

Very interesting videos on the transmitter.

3. PR7CPK

PR7CPK Ham Member QRZ Page

Maritime Radio Historical Society

It's very interesting society for preservation of our older maritime radio history, specially for maintenance of all telegraphy heritage. Congratulations to all society members and Directory Board by the wonderful work.

73's,

Edmilson Rodrigues do Ó "Ed", PR7CPK

4. W6AWO

W6AWO Ham Member QRZ Page

Radiomarine

Thanks for the nice posting, OM. We feel very lucky to be working on this project. As visitors to our Web site will see, we operate the last commercial Morse code coast station (KSM) that we know of in North America. We also operate amateur station K6KPH which uses all the original KPH transmitters, antennas and receivers (and some of the operators!) of KPH. We're on the air each Saturday from about 1900Z to about 2300Z.

VY 73 To All,

Richard Dillman, W6AWO
    Chief Operator
    Maritime Radio Historical Society

Last edited: Aug 15, 2008
  5. W6UDO

W6UDO Ham Member QRZ Page

Maritime Radio Society

Hi, Richard: I, too, want to add my kudos and thanks for your excellent efforts at restoring this historical station, as well as for the web site and activity on Night of Nights.
    Regarding K6KPH's operating schedule on Saturdays, I seem to recall seeing what frequencies/bands you guys operate, but couldn't find that info again. Could you print it here or steer us to where you have it?
    Tnx and very 73...
    Joe...w6udo, San Diego, CA

6. W9IND

W9IND Ham Member QRZ Page

W6UDO DE W9IND:

Joe, I'm a huge fan of the old maritime CW stations because they helped teach me Morse code when I was a teenager, thus enabling me to get my first Novice license. I still miss hearing the music of their crisp CW on shortwave, but at least I can get my nostalgia trip during the annual "Night of Nights" event every July 12. (More info: http://www.radiomarine.org/)

If you or anyone else reading this would be interested in keeping updated on Maritime Radio Historical Society happenings, you can get on the list by sending an e-mail to radiomarine-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

In answer to your question about K6KPH operations, the following information comes directly from a recent e-mail announcement regarding that station and KSM:

Stations KSM and K6KPH will resume their normal schedule of operation this Saturday.

KSM CW operations will begin at about 1900Z.

KSM RTTY broadcasts of marine press and weather will begin at about 1800Z.

Frequency information is available at http://www.radiomarine.org but for
    convenience our operating frequencies are listed below (in kc).

CW:

RTTY:

RTTY transmissions will alternate between Baudot and FEC.

K6KPH will be guarding 7050kc and 14050kc as usual for signal reports and
    traffic. Please use commercial procedure when calling K6KPH: repeat "K6KPH" on either of the above frequencies until the operator responds with "DE", then give your call.

Reception reports sent to the QSL Mistress, Denice Stoops, at the address below will receive confirmations by mail.

Denice Stoops
    PO Box 381
    Bolinas, California 94926
    USA

7. W9IND

W9IND Ham Member QRZ Page

Oops, wouldn't you know it -- K6KPH won't be on the air this Saturday. I just received this e-mail:

Brian, W9IND

8. K4WGE

K4WGE Ham Member QRZ Page

Quote from the site.

"On this night it's like the golden days when coast stations polulated the marine bands..."

I know it should be "populated" but I read it as "polluted" at first...

9. W6AWO

W6AWO Ham Member QRZ Page

Correction

Thanks for the tip, the correction has been made...

RD

10. W5JLH

W5JLH Ham Member QRZ Page

KSM Great!

Enjoying copy on RTTY and FEC of Station KSM. Is about 559 to 579 Here in northern Louisiana. I guess I will get thosw Model 28s out of storage and buy some WD40 on the way home LOL!

Great Idea guys. Imagine that..getting to use out equipment like we used too.

W5JLH

Best wishes

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.