ad: QSLWorks-1

Strong earthquake hits China, all ham radio operators stand by

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by BD5RV, May 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
  1. BD5RV

BD5RV Ham Member QRZ Page

A Magnitude 7.8 earthquake hits Sichuan, China on Monday, May 12, 2008 at 06:28:04 UTC. Casualties and loss unknown up to now. According to Chinese Radio Sports Association, 7.050 and 7.060 Mhz are preserved for amatuer radio emergency service in the rescue. Please spread this message as far as you can and keep the frequencies clean for emergency use. Thank you.

2. KQ6XA

KQ6XA Ham Member QRZ Page

The band 7.025 to 7.100 MHz is often filled with S9+ QRM by pulse transmissions from China.

3. WA4GCH

WA4GCH Ham Member QRZ Page

Hummmm ...... Death Star ( D-Star ) HF style ...... :)

4. G0GQK

G0GQK Ham Member QRZ Page

Surely in a situation as serious as that in Myanmar there is no requirement for the garbled, incomprehensible verbiage above. Obviously someone is unaware that the disaster happened in Myanmar and not China, and perhaps believes they are one and the same ! Since then there has been a severe earthquake in China where as a minimum 8,500 unfortunate people have perished and this is a sad day for the people of China.

G0GQK

5. N6AJR

N6AJR XML Subscriber QRZ Page

My goodness, I am almost ashamed to be called a ham in the same breath as these folks. Please do as they ask and keep the emergency frequencies clear for emergency traffic and remember to behave as if the world is watching, because it is. Even as an old man I remember that I was to always act as if my mother was present so I did not embarse her with my actions. I think perhaps some others could stand to apply this to their actions. Gods Speed to those in China suffering frome this disaster.

6. N8ERM

N8ERM Ham Member QRZ Page

Disaster in China:

Our wishes for disaster relief in the fastest manner possible. God bless and keep the Chinese people in this terrible time. Our Church and others in the Michigan area have each and every person on our prayer list.
    DE N8ERM

7. KF4ICL

KF4ICL Ham Member QRZ Page

8. JA1OGS

JA1OGS Ham Member QRZ Page

China Freq

Hi all I hear all the time Chinese stations talkiing like BU2DDA, they calling from different city`s.
    All the stations exchanging reports message frequency 14.180MHz
    73 to all from Tokyo Japan

9. N3MVF

N3MVF Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Is Part 97 written in a foreign language?

ZOS...read 97.1(e). Which part of that basic rule of amatuer radio is written in a language other than English?

TITLE 47--TELECOMMUNICATION

COMMISSION (CONTINUED)

PART 97--AMATEUR RADIO SERVICE--Table of Contents

Subpart A--General Provisions

Sec. 97.1 Basis and purpose.

The rules and regulations in this part are designed to provide an
    amateur radio service having a fundamental purpose as expressed in the
    following principles:
    (a) Recognition and enhancement of the value of the amateur service
    to the public as a voluntary noncommercial communication service,
    particularly with respect to providing emergency communications.
    (b) Continuation and extension of the amateur's proven ability to
    contribute to the advancement of the radio art.
    (c) Encouragement and improvement of the amateur service through
    rules which provide for advancing skills in both the communication and
    technical phases of the art.
    (d) Expansion of the existing reservoir within the amateur radio
    service of trained operators, technicians, and electronics experts.
    (e) Continuation and extension of the amateur's unique ability to
    enhance international goodwill.

10. AA7LX

AA7LX Ham Member QRZ Page

Thank You Very Much N3mvf . . . well said !!
    Nq7j

11. BD5RV

BD5RV Ham Member QRZ Page

Your attention please! 14.270Mhz is now reserved for ARES in 5.12 earth quake in Sichuan, China. Please help to keep this frequency clear.

A group of radio amateurs is now transmitting from Wenchuan, the center of quake. Its signal is reported to be very weak. They tried to keep communication with BY8AA in Chengdu, seeking for all resources needed. During a contact finished a few minutes ago, they were asking for raincoats, water, tents, and outdoor living facilities.

PLEASE HELP TO FORWARD THIS MESSAGE TO ALL RELEVANT FORUMS, MAILING LISTS, AND NEW RESOURCES. MEANWHILE, KEEP THE ABOVE FREQUENCY CLEAN FOR EMERGENCY COMMUNICATION.

12. KI0U

KI0U Ham Member QRZ Page

Tis A Sad Day

I have to hang my head in disgrace at some of these remarks. Fellow mankind has suffered a horrible tragedy and we as Hams, as Humans, should extend all the courtesy and aid we can offer. Wake up people, our country is not immune to tragedy as been proven all down through history and I pray to the good Lord above if tragedy does strike, others will be more compassionate than some folks here! Leave the politics out of it and look at the photos of children lieing dead where they were crushed when their school collapsed. If that is not sober enough to make you realize the magnitude of the situation then you better do some soul searching. Back to the radio to offer any assistance I can, 73 all

13. N2RJ

N2RJ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

My best wishes to the Chinese people.

May they have the strength and resilience to fully recover from this disaster.

14. BG6IPS

BG6IPS Ham Member QRZ Page

thank you !

the death number has been 12012.
    and it must be more.

15. XW1B

XW1B XML Subscriber QRZ Page

My sympathy ..... and a question.

First, and foremost, my heartfelt condolenses to those affected in China. I hold you in my prayers! China is an emerging giant and will come through this, I've no doubt.

From a ham perspective I have to ask................

I am XW1B. I live, and operate, from near Vientiane, LAOS - I'm in your
    back yard, so to speak. World-wide we all know where we stand in the
    sunspot cycle, or lack of it. My personal experience is that the 40m frequencies set aside for emergency and rescue in this disaster would be the backbone of communications, both regional and country-wide.
    In that vien I have to ask WHY does the OTH Radar (Hainan Island) continue to operate in these times? It blankets the lower 150khz of the 40m band for hours nightly with a 40db over S9 signal. I'm sure its effect is not only felt here in SE Asia but in China itself.

Now is a time for reliable communications and relief efforts.

Again, my best hopes and wishes for my neighbors to the North!
    Bruce/XW1B

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.