ad: ProAudio-1

WA0NOV -- James Gates

Discussion in 'Silent Keys / Friends Remembered' started by AE8I, Apr 24, 2015.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
  1. AE8I

AE8I QRZ Lifetime Member #32 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

http://www.schroedermemorialchapel.com/fh/obituaries/obituary.cfm?o_id=3058393&fh_id=10638

James ‘Jim’ Gates, Jr., age 60, of Boone, died April 20, 2015, from complications of prostate cancer, at the Riverside Manor South in Ames.

Following his wishes, he has been cremated and a visitation will be held at the Schroeder Memorial Chapel at Sixth and Marshall, on Friday, April 24, 2015, at the Schroeder Memorial Chapel from 4 until 8 p.m. where the family will be present from 6 until 8 p.m. A private family graveside service and inurnment, will be Monday, April 27, 2015, in the Linwood Park Cemetery.

James Lewis Gates, Jr. was born in Chillicothe, Ohio, on May 1, 1954, the son of James and Betty (Brausey) Gates.

Jim graduated from Boone High School in 1972.

For 39 years, he was employed at Danfoss Power Solutions in Ames. He presently worked as a Quality Control Technician.

Jim loved playing pedal steel guitar and banjo. He played in a band in the late 1970’s.

Jim also loved country music, flower gardening, and spending time with his family.

He was an avid railroad enthusiast and built an elaborate HO scale model railroad.

Jim was a lifelong ham radio operator and enjoyed building ham radio equipment.

He was preceded in death by his father, brother-in-law Ed George, and grandparents, Ralph and Ruby Brausey and James and Hazel Gates.

Jim is survived by his mother, Betty Gates of Boone; a sister Sue George of Boone; and an aunt and uncle, Mary and Harold Gildea of Boone.

In memory of Jim, memorials may be directed to the family.