ad: ProAudio-1

K5LBU Charles Frost Medical/Funeral Fund please help. :(

Discussion in 'General Announcements' started by K2HAT, Feb 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. K2HAT

K2HAT Premium Subscriber Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper QRZ Page

I found this online, and made a donation.

K5LBU Frosty, the man who was behind the Expert Amps USA is in very bad shape, and his Daughter needs some help. His other Daughter has taken over the Expert Amps USA company and plans to continue on in with the business. My Sympathy to all the Friends and Family of Charles Frost "Frosty". 73 K2HAT

http://www.gofundme.com/charlesfrost

Created January 23, 2015
    Elizabeth J White

Dad is pretty much the same, still not eating. He is now getting morphine every 2 hours.

Thank you to all who have contributed so generously. Rachael and I are overwhelmed with the outpouring of love for Dad and us.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Our dad is dying. Slowly. He has a fistula and sepsis infection that is preventing him from the surgery to fix the problem. He is too weak to survive the surgery.

Diverticulitis ate a hole in Dad's colon and bladder. This caused the fistula, which an abnormal opening formed between 2 organs. The hole in his large intestine allowed fecal matter into his bladder and body cavity, causing the sepsis infection. You can read the details on my blog - My Life, Such as it is...

Currently Dad is in hospice care. Room and board is not covered by Medicare or his insurance, just medicine and nursing care.

Dad does not have life insurance. My sister and I do not have the money to cover funeral costs or medical bills. I am a widow with a 10 year old son. My sister and brother-in-law have 2 boys and she is only working part-time. We have taken unpaid time off work to care for Dad and handle the "business" side of illness and death.

If you can help cover some of Dad's expenses, we would be eternally grateful. If you are a friend of Dad's please consider donating money now instead of paying for funeral flowers later on.

For Frosty's Ham Radio buddies - Rachael and I appreciate all our well wishes on my blog and Facebook pages.

Thanks.

2. K2HAT

K2HAT Premium Subscriber Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper QRZ Page

Sad news K5LBU is now Silent Key.

http://forums.qrz.com/showthread.php?468590

My Condolences.

Charles F. Frost, K5LBU SK
    SK Feb. 14, 2015

[​IMG]

In memory of our friend,

Charles F. "Frosty" Frost

February 14, 1941 - February 14, 2015

http://www.tdxs.net/SK/k5lbu.html

Theresa Williams‎W5KUB.COM

It is with much sadness that I send a update about Charles "Frosty" Frost, K5LBU.
    An email was sent out to the club he and I both belong to this afternoon that Frosty passed this morning according to his daughter. He turned 74 today.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/w5ku...8294234870542/

His Daughter has taken over the Business.
    http://www.expertampsusa.com/about/

Expert Amps USA is still a family operated legacy to Frosty's grandsons, and is now being run by Frosty's daughters, Rachael Larkins and Elizabeth White. We have made some changes to the company, and our first priority is still YOU, our customer. We are going strong and we are here to serve you. We have updated our service and warranty department, and have new phone numbers and staff.
    Office hours are 8:30 – 5:00 Monday – Friday

The Family is looking for some help with Medical Expenses, etc.
    I already made a donation and plan to make another.

http://www.gofundme.com/charlesfrost

Our dad is dying. Slowly. He has a fistula and sepsis infection that is preventing him from the surgery to fix the problem. He is too weak to survive the surgery.

Diverticulitis ate a hole in Dad's colon and bladder. This caused the fistula, which an abnormal opening formed between 2 organs. The hole in his large intestine allowed fecal matter into his bladder and body cavity, causing the sepsis infection. You can read the details on my blog - My Life, Such as it is...

Currently Dad is in hospice care. Room and board is not covered by Medicare or his insurance, just medicine and nursing care.

Dad does not have life insurance. My sister and I do not have the money to cover funeral costs or medical bills. I am a widow with a 10 year old son. My sister and brother-in-law have 2 boys and she is only working part-time. We have taken unpaid time off work to care for Dad and handle the "business" side of illness and death.

If you can help cover some of Dad's expenses, we would be eternally grateful. If you are a friend of Dad's please consider donating money now instead of paying for funeral flowers later on.

For Frosty's Ham Radio buddies - Rachael and I appreciate all our well wishes on my blog and Facebook pages

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

From Elizabeths Blog;.

http://mylifesuchasitis.com/
    [h=2]Overwhelmed but in a Good Way[/h] February 4, 2015 by Elizabeth 6 Comments
    My sister, Rachael, and I started a GoFundMe account to help cover Dad’s medical and funeral expenses. Yes it feels like begging but we are asking friends and family to donate money now in lieu of funeral flowers later. Sometimes you just have to be practical. To quote my friend Roger Jones, “Flowers don’t pay the bills.”
    Dad does not have life insurance. At all. His teacher pension and social security are going to pay for the Windsor Quail Valley. Apparently insurance and Medicare do not cover room and board for hospice or nursing homes. Medicaid does. Burying Dad will cost approximately $10,000. That is with the plot and marker already paid for when Mom died.
    Rachael and I do not have that kind of money. Neither does Dad.
    Taking a leap of faith we posted on Facebook and Twitter about Dad’s GoFundMe account. We started sending out emails to extended family and friends far away or who are not active on social media. Rachael and I honestly did not expect much but knew that any amount was better than nothing.
    Wowzers! Our socks were knocked off as the donations started rolling in. Rachael and I are overwhelmed at the outpouring of love and support for Dad and us. The Ham Radio community especially has touched my heart with their show of love. I know hams are gregarious and friendly but people from all over the world have responded. The DX community has spread the word about Dad all over the globe. I had no idea how many people Dad had touched in his globe trotting, especially in Europe and Africa. Rachael and I have received emails and phone calls from strangers to us but friends of Dad. Daily I am reminded of how much Dad and by extension, his family are loved.
    Dad is officially in hospice care. He is at Windsor Quail Valley which is a brand new facility (open just 4 months) and close to my house. Dad is still not eating. He is getting morphine every 2 hours now and sleeping more. Dad still has some lucid moments but they are getting fewer and farther apart.
    Please keep us in your prayers. At this point it is just a waiting game.

73 K2HAT Lee Hatfield Jr

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.