ad: Schulman-1

CQ Magazine Refund Success

Discussion in 'General Announcements' started by VA3AOH, Dec 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
  1. VA3AOH

VA3AOH Ham Member QRZ Page

Good morning.

I have read a lot of threads regarding complaints related to CQ magazine in this and other forums.

FYI for those of you that have complained about CQ magazine's inability to deliver issues on time their and dismal customer support communication practices: I filed a complaint with the NY Better Business Bureau against CQ Communications, Inc. and received a refund within four days for my remaining subscription.

Alas, this was my final resort after they ignored my e-mail communications, PayPal dispute, and blocked me from commenting/sending messages to their Facebook page.

73s,

Ted

2. W8GP

W8GP Ham Member QRZ Page

It's too bad it had to come to that.

3. K2HAT

K2HAT Premium Subscriber Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper QRZ Page

I am still getting the CQ Magazine, and am glad to support them even if the issues are a little late getting here.

Hopefully that will get caught up in the year 2015; even if they have to do another 2 month edition.

It is good to have a different point of view and I started to support them again about a year ago.
    {Support as in buying a 2 year Subscription. }

73 K2HAT

4. KC6IIH

KC6IIH Ham Member QRZ Page

If you read the previous months edition of QSL you have pretty much have already read the CQ.
    So not only are they a month late it's late before it's printed.

5. W4PG

W4PG QRZ Lifetime Member #279 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

I go out of my way to support CQ now because if we lose them, we only have QST. Folks complain, complain complain that the ARRL doesn't represent them, then many of those same folks complain about CQ when they are down (and nearly out!).

If there was EVER a time to support CQ, NOW is the time - lest we end up with only QST to read. Think about it!

.............Bob

6. K8PG

K8PG QRZ Lifetime Member #333 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

I Hope CQ Magazine stays around-I like them they always have
    good articles - the propagation predictions are top notch,
    very sorry to hear they are having some problems

7. K2HAT

K2HAT Premium Subscriber Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper QRZ Page

I am going to renew my subscription. They recently announced they will be doing a 2 month issue again,
    to try to get caught up. That is fine by me, they are trying.

CQ supports many great contests too, I will help support them too.

There I put my money where I said. 2 year renewal.

73 K2HAT

View attachment 215603

Last edited: Jan 11, 2015
  8. W1HFG

W1HFG XML Subscriber QRZ Page

My thoughts echo those of W4PG. CQ provides a real service to the amateur radio community. They are caught in what has been the worst of times for print media. Life there must be very tough. This is not the time to complain and abandon support. Rather it's the time to lend them some support. Consider renewing your subscription now rather than failing to renew or waiting until your current subscription ends. Without our continued support it will just get harder for them to stay in business.

9. ZS6DX

ZS6DX Ham Member QRZ Page

It would be a sad day if CQ should disappear, I think we must try our best to help them!

I will be renewing my subscription...

73, Rudi de ZS6DX/V51VE

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.