ad: Retevis-1

Straight key night questions

Discussion in 'Contests, DXpeditions, QSO Parties, Special Events' started by W5TS, Dec 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. W5TS

W5TS Ham Member QRZ Page

Straight key night starts at 0000 utc January 1. Is that 6:00 pm or 5:00 pm central time? The time change we did in the fall is tripping me up.

Also, do I add " SKN" to my CQ? Did I need to mention my skcc#?

This is my first time for strait key night. I've been practicing cw and am a little rusty, but I probably won't be the only one I'm guessing.

2. KS2G

KS2G Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Hi Tracy.

0000Z is 6:00pm CST.

Yes, add SKN to your CQ.

You don't need to mention your SKCC number, but you can; since it's not a contest you can/should have an actual "conversation" in your QSOs.

As described at: http://www.arrl.org/straight-key-night

This 24-hour event is not a contest; rather it is a day dedicated to celebrating our CW heritage. Participants are encouraged to get on-the-air and simply make enjoyable, conversational QSOs. There are no points scored and all who participate are winners.

When participating in SKN instead of sending RST before sending the signal report send the letters SKN, to indicate your participation, and to clue in passers-by who may be listening that SKN is going strong. After SKN, send the Contest Branch a list of stations worked, plus your vote for the best fist you heard (it doesn’t have to be one you worked). Also, include your vote for the most interesting QSO you had or monitored.

Entries for Straight Key Night must be received by January 31. Votes for ‘Best Fist’ and “Most Interesting QSO” will be tabulated and included in the results.

Send your information to straightkey@arrl.org

3. W7UUU

W7UUU Director, QRZ Forums Lifetime Member 133 QRZ HQ Staff Life Member QRZ Page

i'll be listening for you!!

Dave
    W7uuu

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.