ad: k1jek

Ham Radio Deluxe v6.0 Preview/Beta 2 .2

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by WJ6R, Jan 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
  1. WJ6R

WJ6R Ham Member QRZ Page

HRD Software, LLC announces the release of Ham Radio Deluxe 6.0 Preview/Beta 2.2 This includes many fixes for issues the userbase has found. The list of the fixes and enhancements for Beta 2.2 is on the HRD website at http://www.hamradiodeluxe.com.

The updated buglist is on the website as well as the updated Preview Version. For those that have purchased but not received their key, we ask them to check their junkmail folder, and if you still haven’t found your key, email Erin, KJ4MFO at key@hrdsoftwarellc.com.

Support for the Preview/Beta 2.2 is in a special category in the support forums. Support for the beta will be provided via the HRD forums, as many hams may run into the same issues and the solutions will be discussed in the forum. HRD will also provide email and support tickets for the 6.0 Preview/Beta 2. We will be closely monitoring the forums for any major issues resolving them as quickly as possible. The goal of the HRD Staff is to make the product defect free.

Version 6.x will has many new features including FSK support, a new QSL and awards tracking interface, improved cluster filters, label printing, and the Super Sweeper RTTY and PSK in Digital Master. Super Sweeper will allow multiple signals to be decoded in a single window.

Previews for Version 6.x are also provided on our YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/hrdsoftware

You can purchase and download the product at http://www.hamradiodeluxe.com.

HRD Forum: http://forums.hrdsoftwarellc.com

2. AC4BB

AC4BB Ham Member QRZ Page

Why would you purchase a BETA version?

3. KN7S

KN7S Swapmeet Moderator Emeritus Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Loaded Beta 2.2 into my Windows 7/64 Shack machine last night. For some reason HRD lost track of my Comm Port and would not fire off my rig initially I manually reset the port and now all is well. Have not been able to use it on the air yet, but looking forward to firing it off this afternoon. Nice work, folks!

4. AA7BQ

AA7BQ QRZ Founder QRZ HQ Staff QRZ Page

You don't really. You are invited to help test the beta version if you like. Many fans who have already pre-purchased V.6 are excited to participate in the Beta.

Many software companies do this. It's good for everybody involved.

By the way, more QRZ XML subscribers use HRD than any other logging program. It is for that reason that we take special interest in HRD and its users. They're our customers too and we want to make sure that we do everything we can for them.

5. K5RCD

K5RCD XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Fred:

If that's the case, you might want to update your instruction manual. I'm a QRZ CD Rom subscriber, as well as an XML subscriber (I use the CD ROM lookup when operating portable with no internet connection). The instructions still pertain to the old method of actually using a CD ROM instead of the current internet download method, and don't indicate that one needs to hit the TAB key in the HRD logbook ADD screen to populate the fields. I about went nuts trying to figure it out, and found NO help on the QRZ or HRD Forums. One of the HRD Beta users was kind enough to help me out on it. The CD ROM download instructions are pretty lame too.

6. WJ6R

WJ6R Ham Member QRZ Page

http://www.hrdsoftwarellc.com/HRD_QRZ_Lookups.pdf

7. K5RCD

K5RCD XML Subscriber QRZ Page

That does not address the issue I mentioned. The problem is with the QRZ CD ROM (no longer on CD though). The PDF you highlighted is the same info that was previously available on version 5 and works the same with Version 6. It has nothing to do with the CD ROM database which is a completely different critter. The CD ROM instructions need to be updated and clarified by QRZ and / or HRD.

8. W5LMM

W5LMM Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I Love HRD! I am REALLY looking forward to what's coming up! Especially where it pertains to QRZ!

9. WJ6R

WJ6R Ham Member QRZ Page

Then you will really like what Fred and I have planned for Orlando.

10. DK5EW

DK5EW XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Will there be a support for other languages like mine German ? The last HRD version never has been translated. I can speak/write English but I like more my native language in a logbook software.
    73's Erwin/DK5EW

11. UN8PY

UN8PY Ham Member QRZ Page

Why there is no possibility to hold testing HRD 6? And then to buy the licence.

12. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

At one time there was talk about a 30 day trial or something like that.

I guess the HRD folks changed their toon.

Now you have to pay if you want to play with the beta version.

13. WJ6R

WJ6R Ham Member QRZ Page

The release version will have the 30 day trial. We disabled it for the beta since we wanted paid users only to be able to play with it.

14. EI2GLB

EI2GLB Guest

Getting people to pay to beta test your software for you.

Bill Gates would be proud.

15. G8LIY

G8LIY Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Hi,

I have used HRD on/off for many years.
    Does it still create a multitude of folders for various data files under user profile?
    or does it allow you to specify/create a folder under which all HRD data folders reside.

It would make it a lot easier for data backups to just inc HRD
    example?
    D:\Radio\HRD
    with all folders located under this path

This is for "user data" files, NOT the program files

Thanks
    David

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.