ad: Schulman-1

Vu4/rn3fz operating from andaman nicobar island!!

Discussion in 'Contests, DXpeditions, QSO Parties, Special Events' started by VU2DP, Jan 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. VU2DP

VU2DP Ham Member QRZ Page

Hai friends

i have a small contact with the station working from HAVOLK island andaman nicobar islands
    on 7.170mhz.through the conversation i understand he has no idea about wireless rules and reciprocal licence rules in india
    he told me he has not taken any permission from WIRELESS PLANNING AND COORDINATION WING IN INDIA
    he is working with vu4/rn3fz ,so it is totally illegal and challenging the rules in india may be he is not aware of the fact
    even for those having vu license you will not get permission to operate from vu4 location very easily there is a lot of procedures.

have a good dx
    73 vu3wii

2. K6AFS

K6AFS Ham Member QRZ Page

In the 70's I used to have nightly AM contacts with Fred VU2ANI at 20m. He lived at Andaman island and made every QSO a wonderful experience, I wonder if anyone knows where he is now.

3. PB8DX

PB8DX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Hi Alex, VU2ANI is on qrz.com, including an E-mail adress

4. DK8MZ

DK8MZ Guest

VU2ANI

VU2ANI became a silent key
    In 1976 and several are search-
    ing for his logs. K6TWT doesn't
    have them.

source: 73 Magazine (December 1978)

73 Wolf, DK8MZ

5. K6AFS

K6AFS Ham Member QRZ Page

Fred was a remarkable ham who taught me how to appreciate the simple equipment that a 17 yr old could afford. We had a regular 9pm schedule on 20M from my QTH in DU1 to his Port Blair QTH. This went on for a few years. Everytime I tuned in to our scheduled contact, he was always there waiting for me. He would ask me how my day went and always cheered me up when times were rough. One night he did not make our schedule. On the subsequent nights I kept calling but I never heard from him again. I didnt think too much about it back then. As a kid in my teens, I had more than I could handle. Eventually I discovered girls, forgot about ham radio, and life moved on. Now I'm back on ham radio and wondered if Fred is still around. Looking back, it took many years for me to realize the gift of an elmer that he was.

I looked at the 73 magazine online at http://archive.org/ and I see the VU2ANI info on page-76 of the Dec 1978 issue. Thanks to all for the info.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.