ad: Radclub22-1

Sheriff's colorado river station amateur radio association n6crs tests radios

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KX7P, Jul 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
  1. KX7P

KX7P Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

NEEDLES — With 5,000 square miles of law enforcement and search and rescue responsibilities from the Nevada state line south about 70 miles to the Riverside County line and from the Colorado River east almost 90 miles, the San Bernardino County Sheriff’s Department realized the need for a command post equipped with a variety of communication equipment able to communicate with allied law enforcement and public service agencies from remote locations.

Sheriff’s deputies, search and rescue members, Needles Citizens on Patrol and professional staff from the department’s Colorado River Station held emergency communications training from the CRS command post on June 23 at Jack Smith Park in Needles. Personnel tested their ability to set up the command post on a moment’s notice and, under simulated emergency conditions using only emergency generator power, began communicating with other amateur radio operators nationwide as part of the annual American Radio Relay League Field Day event.

Click on the link for the full story:

http://www.thedesertstar.com/articles/2012/07/11/news/local/news883.txt

2. W7DME

W7DME Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm confused. East 90 miles would put the location in Arizona. I can see a volunteer group that might do search and rescue in that area, but law enforcement participation should be out of Arizona, not California. I'm sure I missed something here.

Best,

Mike - W7DME

3. KX7P

KX7P Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Typo in the news article. Should be west, not east. Thank you.

4. KC5SAS

KC5SAS Ham Member QRZ Page

Just read the article and it's a nice write up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.