ad: l-rl
ad: l-Heil
ad: l-tentec
ad: l-WarrenG
ad: l-innov

Contribute
to QRZ

Quote Originally Posted by KD2WA View Post
    K2WH - Your posts are often very negative. I promised myself that when I get to be of the retirement age, I won't be all crotchety about everything.
    Promises, promises. I made the same promise in my 20's. Believe me when you get to be my age, you will be crotchety, cantankerous and overall a big pain in the ass. You don't even know it's happening. But don't worry, it's not painful and the wonderful thing about it, you don't care.

K2WH

Ok, now that K2WH has confirmed his mind set -

I am interested in this type of experimentation. Does anyone have info regarding the FAA regulations that I referenced a link to earlier?

Maybe next time you can keep your negative, grumpy feelings to yourself WH

KD2WA, check out this link.
    http://www.hobbyspace.com/NearSpace/index.html
    About 1/3d the way down under Introductory Materials, there are some FAA links.

[QUOTE=W9AFB;2464806]Maybe next time you can keep your negative, grumpy feelings to yourself WH

+1!

Well said.

I'm 56--too young to be retired but I am due to health. I try to be everyday thankful for just still being here. It's exciting to see all the things that we as hams experiment with. Whether it be simple cw or the newest digital modes. I'm thankful to be alive to see some of it in my lifetime. The more we experiment and achieve---the more exciting it is to me.

RAW packets resumed being reported from KT5TK-11 at 1608 UTC 20120212 via K5COD. Still coming an hour later. What does that mean?

Quote Originally Posted by KD2WA View Post
    K2WH - Your posts are often very negative. I promised myself that when I get to be of the retirement age, I won't be all crotchety about everything.

We all find ways to entertain ourselves in life, and if this is what gets these people excited and brings happiness - god bless them! Why try to cut these people down?
    Thank you! I'm so sick of EVERY last thread I read here being derailed by some hater in the curmudgeon brigade because their cerebral cortex is too plaqued up to appreciate the new and exciting things people are doing with radio. Just because it doesn't fit with their ossified and narrow interpretation of what other license holders "ought" to be doing doesn't mean it's not a worthwhile pursuit. Lighten up; just enjoy what you like and leave the rest.

I, for one, welcome our balloon boy overlords! Perhaps the battery might kick back in once it descends and warms up? Anyway, I hope they give it another shot. 加油!

Once strong, lightweight, malleable carbon fullerene materials are developed for production, balloons will be a possible low energy route to leaving the earth's gravity well. The age of the dirigible, for citizen space travel, may yet be at hand, so these tests and flights are important...

Holy POOP listen to all of the (female dog)ing.

What did bird watching, have to do with bicycle building? Nothing, however aviation blossomed. With out Edison we might still have gas lights and/or arc lights. Deforest would not have made a diode. Magnetic co-hearers were not good at rectifying radio waves.

As a hobby much of what we do is to advance our knowledge unless all we want to do is (female dog). Do you build kits and/or antennas for your selves, or pay some one else to do your experiments. Then you (female dog) about it's quality.

Every day I get up and Thank God for giving me one more day, I try not to use it for (female dog)ing.

Use your day as you see fit, however I lived through a war, and am recovering from Cancer, use your day as you see fit.

From the Telemetry it appears that the GPS may have given up. I will be fun to follow even with out the GPS co ordinates.
    Last edited by KC8YHW; 02-12-2012 at 06:32 PM. Reason: Add a few sentences
    ;) From The QTH of The Extra Light (KC8YHW) ;)

Looked up the location and it now shows it is back over land close to Galvaston at 23000ft ?? Dont know what happened but it doesnt look good. Better luck next time.
    [CENTER]A bad day camping or playing radio is ALWAYS better than a good day working.:D[/CENTER]
    [CENTER]I am tired NOW! How come I have to RETIRE when I am older?:confused:[/CENTER]

In Chinese, "Ho ki bah foon poh ping". I hate to say I told ya so but...
    If you're really intersted in this stuff see the ones that do it right. IHAB

Toe Knee

From this page: http://aprs.fi/telemetry/a/KT5TK-11

It appears that the GPS gave up. Where it is located will have to be done with RDF.
    ;) From The QTH of The Extra Light (KC8YHW) ;)

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast