ad: Retevis-1

Help other hams! Earn CASH, radio gear, discounts, and more!

Discussion in 'General Announcements' started by W4LKO, Oct 23, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
  1. K8VHL

K8VHL Platinum Subscriber Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Oh, come on, quit whining. Here's your chance to make the ham community better by helping others. It's called giving back. So what if GigaParts makes money on this? They're supposed to so they can stay in business and continue to serve the ham community. You get a great deal of satisfaction, some discounts, and maybe a little cash . Put your ham related skills and knowledge to use. Just think, if Radio Shack had taken this route . . .

KD5RJZ likes this.
  2. KK5JY

KK5JY Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm all for GP making money. I think the concern is that if others do labor to help GP make money, then they should be able to share predictably in the profit.

After all, individual hams also have to make some profit, so that they can afford GP's gear, and also afford other things like ... food, health care, car insurance, and so on. :cool:

KD5RJZ likes this.
  3. K8VHL

K8VHL Platinum Subscriber Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Agreed. Well said!

4. N0TZU

N0TZU Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I see nothing wrong with what Gigaparts is proposing, provided that those who sign up for it understand in detail what they will and will not get from their efforts and over what period of time. To me Gigaparts seems a good supplier for the ham community. I've ordered some things from them and was very satisfied.

I can't blame people for being suspicious since there are so many deceptive schemes around that sound similar, e.g., the typical "make easy money at home in your spare time!"

N6HCM likes this.
  5. N6HCM

N6HCM Ham Member QRZ Page

yeah. adults read all the terms and conditions before getting involved, so they can know what's expected of them and what they can expect of others.

this isn't anything that large tech firms aren't doing: google and microsoft have people who perform similarly for them ... and, as compensation they get swag, discounts on stuff, early access to new technology.

so: read and decide if this is for you or not.

6. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

A operator could get into trouble advertising radios and stuff on the air.

But advertising on Facebook should be fine.

7. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Not if they're his own. You can sell your rigs on the air, when you own them.

For commercial purposes, no.

8. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

That is true.

You need to buy them from GigaParts then resale them. :rolleyes:

Or would that be a franchise ? For commercial purposes.

9. N6QIC

N6QIC Ham Member QRZ Page

dream_job.jpg

Come work or help us at any of our stores throughout the nation. We don't offer you any free stuff, demo equipment, swag or participation in drawings, trips, cash, or other prizes etc.

But what we will offer you is a sense of purpose, direction, a pay check and just possibly a great long career with us. You will also meet lots of friendly people and make lots of new friends.

In our California stores, you will get paid by the hour a starting wage of $10.70 an hour with a 25% discount to you and your family on most things in the store.

Apply online Today.
    JCP Every Day Matters,

Last edited: Nov 3, 2017
  10. N6QIC

N6QIC Ham Member QRZ Page

The minimum wage went up as of January 1, 2018. :)

Now in our California stores, you will get paid by the hour a starting wage of $11.00 an hour with a 25% associate discount to you and your family on most things in the store.

Apply online Today.
    JCP Every Day Matters,

11. KD2NOM

KD2NOM XML Subscriber QRZ Page

This seems to me to be what we have in the tech industry for different applications / platforms; SME (subject matter experts) who subscribe to an 'Experts' platform and as people post questions, they will respond. The Community / questioners vote on the best answer and the SME gets 'points' on the platform to use to purchase things or for bragging rights.

I wish I was a more experienced Ham - I would love to participate in this and earn credits / case to use on purchases.