ad: TinyPaddle-1

ARRL Petitions FCC to include Parity Act wording in Part 97

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by K5UJ, Dec 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. KN6SD

KN6SD Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Blah ha ha ha, every time I come to this forum it puts a smile on my face...

W8LV likes this.
  2. W8LV

W8LV Ham Member QRZ Page

That's Fantastic! Bryan has admitted that he has no NEED to operate from home, but merely a WANT. So he's going to be staying to staying true to his principles, I Am Sure, by disassembling his home station, and just operating mobile and portable from here on out.

It is uncertain (to me, anyway) if he EVER applied for a Construction Permit with the FCC in the FIRST place before he established the station, so I don't know if he's in Hot Water on that point or not. But I sure can't find it in the Public File, that's for sure! Has anybody else checked?
    Nor did I find a single scrap of paper there where a P.E. signed off on those antennas there at his house! And the Enviromental Impact Statement? Well you guessed it: missing also.

Well, he can't just outright go dark without The Commission noticing, right? Doesn't he have like, thirty days to file his "Wants vs. Actual Needs" Statement with The Commission, or something like that? Because if he just outright goes dark, it's going to bring it to light that he forgot the Construction Permit in the First Place. Would that entail jail time, a fine, or maybe both? Or just merely an In Rem seizure of his home gear?

I'm not an Administrative Law Judge, so how would I know?

But it was probably noticed by The Government when he didn't call them as he was supposed to and tell him that they weren't Needed for Change: And now, it has triggered a full series of events! Will they be minting pennies with "2019" on them or not come next week is what I wonder and lose sleep over, that's for sure!

73 DE W8LV Bill

Last edited: Dec 27, 2018
  3. W8LV

W8LV Ham Member QRZ Page

You know, I kept getting it wrong because my computer doesn't always do the voice to text thing right. And I kept thinking anyway for some reason his name actually is something like "Darren" or "Dogwood" or something. But then I just remembered that isn't his name at all: That was Endora's comedy sketch from Bewitched!

And can you believe that he had THE NERVE to establish a home station without demonstrating A Need, AND without obtaining a Construction Permit from the FCC? He must be a real scream at social events. I'm shaving my head if he ever becomes an Administrative Law Judge. But I think that's Straight Out for him with the Tangled Web that he has weaved for himself with this Big Time lack of Need justification for a Home Station and whole paperwork thing, Thank Goodness. But if he didn't file like you and I did? Well what more can be said on the matter, right?

73 DE W8LV Bill

4. WA7PRC

WA7PRC Ham Member QRZ Page

Nope; I followed the rules (I didn't try to have them changed after buying my property). However, I have also operated portable and mobile MANY times (demonstrating EMCOM ability). I may also try remote operation that you didn't mention.

! <-- equivalent exclamation mark added for equivalent emotional effect.
    Yep. Spelling and pronouncing others' names incorrectly is an embarrassment.
    And, mocking someone who insists correct name spelling and pronunciation is worse.

"I don't care what you say about me,
    as long as you say something about me,
    and as long as you spell my name right."
    - George M. Cohan

5. W8LV

W8LV Ham Member QRZ Page

His name was Cohen.

Sorry about getting your name wrong. I kind of DO like "Dogwood" though: You've got to admit that it would make a great name.

Some folks have thought that my name was "Merkwürdigliebe" in the past, but it was actually Pietschmänn before we Americanized it to drop the dots and the second "n". And Thank Goodness that it is now so much shorter and pronouncable in The Queen's English, AND fits on a SINGLE form 610!

I wonder if one could just legally make their Call Sign their legal last name or a.k.a. name...

No Doubt if you were planning to have a Son to pass the Call Sign along to, you'd need a Construction Permit BEFORE actual conception was established, along with the necessary Environmental and Economic Statements.

73 DE W8LV Bill

6. WA7PRC

Wrong again. Among others, George M. Cohan said it.
    AFAIK, no one w/ the last name spelled "Cohen" said it.

7. W8LV

W8LV Ham Member QRZ Page

That was a JOKE, Byran!

73 DE W8LV Bill

8. WA7PRC

I missed the wink or tongue (that you didn't send). ;):p

9. W8LV

W8LV Ham Member QRZ Page

The Byran was joke too, Bryan. AND you did NOT in fact, file a Construction Permit with the FCC, before you built your home station. Am I correct on this?

73 DE W8LV BILL

10. W8LV

W8LV Ham Member QRZ Page

Yes, of course I got that: Did you not see the parallel in Chip and Dale and the HOA pretending Govermental Authority?
    I was ACTUALLY going to use Heckle and Jeckle, but then I realized that birds can actually talk... Well sort of.

73 DE W8LV Bill

11. W8LV

W8LV Ham Member QRZ Page

You should see my altar with a photo of Hiram Percy Maxim, twin red Lava Lamps on either side of the photo, and an ARRL flag adorned over the top. The whole thing is pointed towards Newington:. I'll show it to you sometime, but only when you demonstrate an actual need to see it, because I forgot to get a Construction Permit before I put that togethrr, so it's kinda hush hush from the neighbours and all. Plus, I am DEEPLY NAL SCREWED if the FCC makes a station inspection with no CP, and that's just for starters: I'm pretty sure that the NSA KNOWS I listen to WBCQ... or at least they do now!

73 DE W8LV Bill

WB2KSP and WU8Y like this.
  12. WA7PRC

I ignored your mocking.
    The better (rhetorical) question is, why are you so obsessed with irrelevant minutia about me?

13. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

HAHAHAHAHA!!!! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.