ad: M2Ant-1

Contest Crew: ARRL DX CW, Setting Goals, Moving Mults, and Having Fun

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by W1DED, Feb 14, 2024.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. W1DED

W1DED Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

W1DED_078_Contest03_Thumbnail03.jpg

Episode 3 brought the entire Contest Crew together from their far-flung corners of the United States: Scott K0MD from Minnesota, Randy K5ZD from Massachusetts, Dan N6MJ from California and Chris from Montana. The conversation focused on plans for the upcoming ARRL DX CW contest as well as tips to stay motivated, the art of multiplier moving, station rivalries, multi-op vs single-op, WRTC qualifying, club participation and Randy's unique version of non-serious contesting. The only thing better than this crew's decades of ham radio contesting experience is the friendly, fun-loving dynamic that is self-evident when they get together - even virtually. Whether you're a veteran contester, or a newcomer to radiosport, please join us for our weekly, informal gathering of the Contest Crew.

K9EZ, K6CTW, KI6RRN and 2 others like this.
  2. N4KS

N4KS XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Excellent interview. Thank you for sharing it.

K9EZ and W1DED like this.
  3. KN4ETD

KN4ETD Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Thanks for putting this together. Very nice!

4. N3OA

N3OA Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

My husband, K3PW, and I (N3OA) enjoy your interviews! We always learn things, and this episode was particularly insightful.

W1DED likes this.
  5. 9A5O

9A5O Ham Member QRZ Page

For me, ARRL is all about US counties, so many in remote W7 areas get activated during ARRL. the fishing in this wonderful pond is so enoyable! Thanks to regulars, big guns in particular, I have a ball each time. Thank you all!

6. W1DED

W1DED Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Hi Marion (and Stan), Thanks for watching the videos! BTW, I love Bar Harbor. Once lived in Brewer and would visit constantly and then vacationed there for years. Activated K-0001 during a contest in 2023 and made 1500 QSOs from a tent (during two days of steady rain). Great fun. 73, Kevin