ad: Radclub22-1

Rising Star: Philipp Springer DK6SP

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by W1DED, Jan 27, 2024.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
  1. W1DED

W1DED Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

W1DED_073_DK6SP_Thumbnail04.jpg
    Philipp Springer, DK6SP, was only 10 years old when he was first licensed (2008) and immediately became hooked on ham radio contesting. The specific interest took him to the 2018 World Radiosport Team Championship in Germany where he operated as Y82D. Although Philipp continues to study for his Master of Science degree in Logistics and Digitalization, he finds time to engage in ham radio leadership in very meaning ways. He is currently a board director of the World Wide Radio Operators Foundation, the president of the German DX Foundation, and a contest committee member with Youngsters on the Air. He’s also been the chair of the IARU Region I Youth Working Group. Philipp has some interesting, and very positive, perspective about youth in ham radio that focuses on networking and developing relationships with older amateur radio operators. Beyond contesting, Philipp has a particular interest in operating from DX locations and has an impressive list of countries where he has operated including 9A, 9J, A4, EI, ES, GW, P4, PJ2, PJ4, W8 and Z6. Listening to Philipp speak, and considering his oversized role in this hobby, will leave you encouraged about the future of ham radio. Thank you for watching, and subscribing, to W1DED Worldwide Ham Radio.

Cover photo credit: Carsten-Thomas Dauer DM9EE

LU1XOP, VU2JO, KC2NVG and 10 others like this.
  2. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Its good to be young:)!

Envious:)

KE8EC, VU2JO, KR3DX and 4 others like this.
  3. IZ5VCI

IZ5VCI Ham Member QRZ Page

Thumbs up Philipp!!

KE8EC, KR3DX, DL4QB and 1 other person like this.
  4. DO1FER

DO1FER Ham Member QRZ Page

The following latest table is done by the Bundesnetzagentur. Intresting fact is the growing number of exams per year against the number of steady decreasing licensed operators in Germany. The table which shows the curve of the average age isnt available anymore.

Statistik_Afu.png

K0BZ likes this.
  5. W3DO

W3DO Ham Member QRZ Page

It's easy to be number 1 when you are the only dog in the contest.
    Most always someones kid - that wants sonny boy to be promoted so they can get some free media exposure and maybe scholarships, money, free radios etc.
    Show me his stats 10 years from now when he discovers girls, cars, drugs, tattoos etc..

DK8SP likes this.
  6. SP4Z

SP4Z Ham Member QRZ Page

I had great pleasure to referee Phillip DK6SP and Tomi HA8RT team on WRTC 2018 in Germany. They have had big progress in Contesting since then including DX-peditions. Great Energy and entusiasm. Phillip sent me Congrats/Award for 6 bands QSOs with 3B8M in CQWW CW in 2023. Keep going my friend and I will to work you from 8R7X (the call is anounced) in Guyana DX pedition soon!
    73 Wes SP4Z

N3RF, DK6SP, W1DED and 3 others like this.
  7. N2EY

N2EY Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

But he's not.

Everyone is someone's kid. Should parents not help their kids succeed?

Clearly you didn't understand the first post.

DK6SP was first licensed in 2008, at the age of 10. That's 16 years ago. So, he is now 25 or 26, and has been licensed 15 or 16 years. He's had plenty of time to "discover" all sorts of things - yet he's still very involved in Amateur Radio.

I don't see why you are so critical of someone who has been licensed longer than you, Jerry.

KJ5EVL, K8VHL, DL3BY and 10 others like this.
  8. SP4Z

SP4Z Ham Member QRZ Page

Jerry OM, this is a completely different level than you think. You have to believe in people who clearly have goals and want to achieve them.
    73 Wes SP4Z

CO8NMN, K8VHL, DL3BY and 8 others like this.
  9. VE6SH

VE6SH Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Philipp is a key member of the IARU and an excellent operator!

Tim VE6SH

K8VHL, DL3BY, KI5UXW and 6 others like this.
  10. K7LZR

K7LZR Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

GO PHILIPP!! :) :).

KI5UXW, KE8EC, W1DED and 2 others like this.
  11. N2EY

N2EY Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

YES!

But, let's be clear: DK6SP doesn't just have goals - he's achieved many of them in his 16 years as a radio amateur.

73 de Jim, N2EY

KJ5EVL, LA7RRA, DK6SP and 2 others like this.
  12. W7DGJ

W7DGJ Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

This is a sour and unfortunate comment. Congrats to Philipp for his success and engagement with the amateur radio services. I'm certain that he'll be an important part of the future of this endeavor. Dave, W7DGJ

W5RGR, W9TR, KI5UXW and 7 others like this.
  13. DL4QB

DL4QB QRZ Lifetime Member #719 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Congrats Philipp!! Any activation or commitment to his or another person in HAM radio is greatly appreciated!

KI5UXW, W1DED, N2EY and 1 other person like this.
  14. W9BRD

W9BRD Ham Member QRZ Page

SFAIK only societies can be IARU members.

VU2JO and N2EY like this.
  15. VE6SH

VE6SH Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

IARU is made up of over 160 member-societies. We do have a number of volunteers who assist with the work we do. Philipp is a key member of that group given his ongoing work with our Youth Working Group. And he is a fantastic operator as well.

Tim VE6SH

CO8NMN, K2BKT, KR3DX and 2 others like this.