ad: AbAuRe-1

State QSO Party Challenge

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by K8ZT, Jan 20, 2024.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
  1. K8ZT

K8ZT XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Enjoy 47 State, Province & Regional QSO Parties with the 2024 State QSO Party Club Challenge-

Video

& Slideshow http://tiny.cc/stqspc

VU2JO, W9EBE, W2CSI and 6 others like this.
  2. WA3VJB

WA3VJB Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

No

NA1S likes this.
  3. W2JLD

W2JLD Ham Member QRZ Page

Break out the cheese and crackers...someone will be whining about this

KF5KWO, N9WFT and W7TRD like this.
  4. AJ4LN

AJ4LN Ham Member QRZ Page

Yep. Entered all 4 years. Completed all in years 2 and 4. Missed 1 in year 3. Got a late start in year 1. I love state QSO parties anyway (Especially my state, VA), so I just added the rest to my activities. Also helps with WAS, counties, and US grid squares. Unfortunately will miss a few this year, but plan to work most, and hope for all next year again.

KQ1O, NN6U, W0HR and 4 others like this.
  5. WN1MB

WN1MB Ham Member QRZ Page

I don't plan on participating, but do and will casually work a few stations in State QPs as the mood strikes me.

The real challenge is making it through the hour and nine minute video. I started watching it only out of curiosity. Made it just past the eight minute mark when I decided there were more enjoyable ways to waste my time.

KT4RC, N1RBD, KA9I and 4 others like this.
  6. AJ4LN

That is long. I often watch videos at 1.25x or 1.5x speed.

N1RBD and K9MSG like this.
  7. W2CSI

W2CSI Ham Member QRZ Page

I like wording the state QSO parties my self. It bring lots of activity to the bands and that is always a good thing.

N9YVD and W9EBE like this.
  8. AC3DH

AC3DH XML Subscriber QRZ Page

This is always a great way to fill in your WAS needs. I will be participating in the DE QSO Party, if you need DE it is the best way to go.

KC1RAD likes this.
  9. WG7X

WG7X Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Wonder if Montana will have a state QSO party this year? They haven't had a sponsor since 2017?

10. KA9I

KA9I Ham Member QRZ Page

Didn't watch the video, but I plan to work as many as life lets me.

N1RBD, W2CSI and AJ4LN like this.
  11. K7ZFI

K7ZFI Ham Member QRZ Page

Well I'm new to all this contest stuff. I've done the normal summer field day and just finished with my first winter field day. Talked to Japan on 20 watts and I thought that was better than being in a contest. I'll answer in contest just to practice but sometimes I have to ask the rules. Just found out about the 10 x 10 thing. Sorry. Not going to pay dues. LOL..

KB1JKM likes this.
  12. AJ4LN

I do lots of smaller contests with my 100 watts and wires station, but everybody likes different things. The 10-10 thing is separate and optional: I never signed up for that, and I spend most time below 10M anyway.

VU2JO likes this.
  13. W2CSI

W2CSI Ham Member QRZ Page

10M is very active anytime there is a contest going and a great way to work some DX with low power. If you don't hear anyone just start calling CQ and you never know who you might work. Also join us on http://hamspace.me a great place for new hams to hangout.

Best 73,
    Chuck

N3ZKI likes this.
  14. N1RBD

N1RBD XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I'd much rather read a few paragraphs than watch some of these hour long videos than could easily be summarized or cut down.

AC6E, AJ4LN and WN1MB like this.
  15. K3OCW

K3OCW Ham Member QRZ Page

I hope you work some 15m. I need DE on 25