ad: MLSons-1

International EME Conference In Trenton, NJ. Aug 9-11th 2024

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by N1AV, Jan 5, 2024.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. N1AV

N1AV Ham Member QRZ Page

[​IMG]

The URL for the conference: https://eme2024trenton.org
    Dates: August 9th to 11th, 2024

This conference is dedicated to exploring the fascinating world of Earth-Moon-Earth Communications (EME). Learn from expert speakers in the field and discover the latest advancements in Moon-bounce communications. Hosted at The College of New Jersey campus, centrally located near Washington DC, Philadelphia and New York City, this conference will be packed with discussions and presentations on EME. The conference focus is 432 MHz and above, but we welcome all participants active and those looking to be active on 50, 144 and 222 MHz.

We are also offering a new twist, a live face to face EME course at the conference.
    This has never been done before. We are calling it EME101.

(Copied from the website)
    EME101, Intro to EME is on Friday Aug. 9th. The registration fee is $50. It is a separate event from the EME Conference and will be presented at the same time as the Friday conference sessions. (Those
    attending the conference can attend EME101 at no extra charge). It will cover everything from gear to operating tips and techniques on several bands. This will be a packed day of information with multiple
    sessions for those looking to get started on EME or those who are new to EME who have a lot of questions. This EME101 course is a great opportunity to learn from world experts and would be a great addition
    to your knowledge library to help you be successful in your future EME attempts.

Conference fees, registration, host hotel, and other related conference info can be found on our website. https://eme2024trenton.org

YD1DLM, NW6V, N2GJ and 3 others like this.
  2. VU2JO

VU2JO Ham Member QRZ Page

Glad to see nearly 60 registrations 9 months ahead of the conference! Though I have been hearing about EME as an SWL over 4 decades back, never had the opportunity to reach anywhere near it. I have been able to reach just the LEO FM satellites over past few months. As the saying goes, "Aim at the sky and you will reach at least the roof!". We have a few who have achieved EME contacts in our region and some who are planning elaborately for it, homebrewing rotator and refurbishing amplifier.

I will be keenly following the posts, at least to build my knowledge base.

73 de Jon, VU2JO

K3DFD, N2GJ and N1AV like this.
  3. K3DFD

K3DFD Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I'm signed up of the EME101. Looks like it will be an excellent foundation in EME.

N2GJ, N1AV and VU2JO like this.
  4. N1AV

N1AV Ham Member QRZ Page

. That is great. Looking forward to seeing you there!

N2GJ, K3DFD and VU2JO like this.
  5. N2GJ

N2GJ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

While you're at the conference, be sure to stop by for a visit to the W2ZQ historic facility adjacent to Trenton-Mercer Airport. The Delaware Valley Radio Association has built a marvelous ham station that includes a dish antenna used for EME. Contact the club at www.w2zq.com -

Gerry Jurrens N2GJ
    Lifetime Member Emeritus
    NM ARRL Section Traffic Manager
    Albuquerque, NM USA

K3DFD, N3JQD, WZ2V and 1 other person like this.
  6. K3DFD

K3DFD Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

The 4.7m dish will be installed. We'd love people attending the conference to visit the station

PQ8AAA and VU2JO like this.