ad: MyersEng-1

The Distance Challenge competition to be held at Quartzfest 2024 in Jan!

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by NF7E, Jan 2, 2024.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. NF7E

NF7E Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

IMG_5838.JPG
    The plans are set for the 5th annual Distance Challenge(DC) to be held at Quartzfest in January, 2024. Attendees can enter the 3 days of competition and try to win some of the amazing prizes.
    There will be 4 entry classes including
    A= CW/ SSB 100 watts max
    B=FT-8
    C= QRP
    D= for those not bringing in their own radio and equipment, they can use the 3 stations in the W7Q S.E. trailer to compete.
    The winners in each class will be crowned with unique "TROPHY HATS" sponsored by Cable X-Perts.
    The first day of competition, Monday, January 22, is the BIOENNO Distance Challenge day.
    and whoever makes the longest contact, in each class, will win a BIOENNO battery and charger! (See rules for complete details)

One of the antennas that will be used all week long at the W7Q S.E. trailer will be a new SteppIR dipole and anyone that enters the DC competition, in any class, will be entered into a drawing at the closing ceremony to win that SteppIR PreppIR dipole antenna valued at over $1800! WOW!!! YOU MUST BE PRESENT TO WIN this incredible antenna, so make you plans now to stay until the closing ceremony!

Plan to bring your best antennas and enter the competition for some amazing prizes!
    Don't think you need a portable 100' tower with a dozen element yagi on it to win, because previous winners have used dipoles, Hamsticks, vertical antennas, and wire antennas, to name a few. Check out our club website for all the DC information at www.nadxa.com
    We hope to see you there in January!
    Bob Wertz, NF7E
    Lou Arminio, W7KFT
    Distance Challenge Co-Chairmen
    Northern Arizona DX Association

W6GH, N5MLS, KN4OK and 9 others like this.
  2. WA4ILH

WA4ILH Subscriber QRZ Page

Many years ago, the Midland (TX) ARC had a distance contest. I lived in an apartment with another ham in an adjoining apartment. Our 40 meter dipoles crossed each other on the roof. We won the contest with a reported distance of negative 10 feet.
    Tom WA4ILH

KI5UXW, KD9YMB, W7JZE and 5 others like this.
  3. W2MGF

W2MGF XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Can you be home

4. KD2LJR

KD2LJR Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

LONG PATH ... LOL

KI5UXW, W2ZF, KF0GVX and 2 others like this.
  5. SA1CKE

SA1CKE Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I see that the link that you click above is going through Facebook, the actual link to use shall be https://www.nadxa.com/

Of course Facebook want to have a piece of the cake!

KD3Y likes this.
  6. W7NIK

W7NIK Ham Member QRZ Page

I am going !

7. KC9FLI

KC9FLI Ham Member QRZ Page

I plan to show up from Indiana. KC9FLI

8. AA5ET

AA5ET Ham Member QRZ Page

I won't make it this year.

9. K0UO

K0UO Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I'll be thinking about everyone out there my wife/N0UO and I have been going out there for the past 15 years.

Always a great time and I get to see a number of my on the Air friends.

Just before Christmas on my 70th birthday I received an unexpected diagnosed of leukemia. I was just getting a routine flight physical and they went ahead and did my annual Wellness get your annual medical check-ups please.
    So I'm spending the winter in Houston Texas at MD Anderson Hospital.

Listening through the remote SDR receivers, I'm already hearing quite a few that are on the air from the desert.

73 from,
    The K0UO " Rhombic Antenna Farm" miles of wire in the Air & On the AIR daily

KI5UXW likes this.
  10. KA0HCP

KA0HCP XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Best wishes for a speedy recovery from S.E. Kansas! bill

K0UO likes this.
  11. K5DGR

K5DGR XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I am on my way to Q, left TX yesterday amd am now in NM. Will make it to AZ today.

K0UO likes this.
  12. K0UO

K0UO Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

How's the week been out there?
    I'm sure missing not being there, been listening to some of my friends on the SDRs

13. N5MLS

N5MLS Ham Member QRZ Page

I just got back from Quartzfest 2024 and it was awesome. Kris (KR1SS) did a heck of a job organizing the event. Everyone should plan on attending next year.