ad: HamHats-1

Bob Heil Interview series: FINAL 3 installments, with Live Theater Organ demo!

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by W7UUU, May 9, 2023.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. W7UUU

W7UUU Director, QRZ Forums Lifetime Member 133 QRZ HQ Staff Life Member QRZ Page

Thanks to all who have been following along on the Bob Heil Interview series.

These are the FINAL installments - in a single post since each segment is pretty short but all three videos are below:

#10: On the recent passing of good friend & guitar legend, Jeff Beck; how he set up ZZ Top with live sound; mention of Ham Nation

#11: Why purple? How Bob chose the colors for his company; LIVE ORGAN playing demonstration!

#12: Heil Sound is the only manufacturer with a permanent exhibit in the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame - bob explains how that came about.

Big thanks to friend & fellow ham, Dr. Bob Heil,@K9EID, for graciously granting me this interview series

Dave
    W7UUU

Final installment.png

AB2RA, YD3ATP, KI5UXW and 6 others like this.
  2. K0UO

K0UO Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Thank You

W7UUU likes this.
  3. N7EIL

N7EIL Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Thanks again, Dave, I've really enjoyed this series.

W7UUU likes this.
  4. AI7LH

AI7LH Ham Member QRZ Page

Really enjoyed this series, thanks much!

W7UUU likes this.
  5. W2TB

W2TB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Wow! That was great! Thanks so much for doing these videos. Bob was such an innovator.

W7UUU likes this.
  6. NZ4X

NZ4X Platinum Subscriber Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Swapmeet Lead QRZ Page

And that's a wrap! Good job Dave. My son has an orange amplifier!:) Was this done in one day or a series of sit downs? It seemed to flow nicely.

7. KI5VOK

KI5VOK Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Thanks!

8. W7UUU

W7UUU Director, QRZ Forums Lifetime Member 133 QRZ HQ Staff Life Member QRZ Page

Thanks for the kind words. It was all done in a single 2 hour session that was largely based on a 25 question "talking points sheet" I had given him beforehand.

Bob has a million wonderful stories, and they often come "stream of consciousness" so I just let him run a large part of it just telling stories, and then I edited it into the twelve topical segments, sometimes using material from a couple other parts of the whole, reassembled to tell a more complete story in the associated segment. Where feasible, I led with the questions that were in the original outline.

He's one of the most sincere, generous, nicest people you could ever hope to meet. He's a tribute to ham radio every bit as much to the Rock and Roll world.

I was really honored to be granted the request for this interview. Thanks Bob! @K9EID

Dave
    W7UUU

N2NOW, KB1GKN, KQ1V and 1 other person like this.
  9. N2NOW

N2NOW Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Oh, the stories he could tell of those days of rock-N-roll and all the elbows he rubbed along the way...

W7UUU likes this.
  10. W0RIO

W0RIO Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks for putting this series out Dave, it was very interesting.
    Bob sure has a "fat" organ sound in episode 11, talk about a button-pusher's dream rig.
    When is Bob going to release his first album?

W7UUU likes this.