ad: AbAuRe-1

HR2.0 - Yaesu REVEALS the FT-710 AESS HF Ham Radio - NEW for 2022!

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KC5HWB, Jul 9, 2022.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KC5HWB

KC5HWB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

WOW! Yaesu's 6th radio released since 2020 when the Pandemic started! Let's clear up some mis-information and speculations that were made in some earlier social media posts. Take a look!

KI5UXW, K3GSD, W2GIL and 8 others like this.
  2. N6SPP

N6SPP XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Where is the FT-867 that we've waited over 10 yrs for?!;);) ~Compact HF/6/2/440 all mode. 100w on HF etc..

WP4I, IK0TIX, KH6OWT and 31 others like this.
  3. AK5B

AK5B XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Looks like a repackaged FTDX-10 so hopefully Yaesu fixed a lot of the ergonomic and menu system bugs in the process. It will be very interesting to see if they discontinue the DX-10 once this rig hits the shelves.

Depending on the success of this model I also wonder if they'll re-do the FTDX-101D/MP accordingly? THAT would be huge!

Jeff

DL6BCX, KM4GGA, KI4YZN and 6 others like this.
  4. K1CWB

K1CWB Ham Member QRZ Page

I think John Kruk N9UPC already did that (video link below). I am interested in this rig, but I'm mostly paying attention to information that Yaesu puts out there from now on.

PU7ASC, N4CAX, W4VFW and 12 others like this.
  5. KI5BMK

KI5BMK Ham Member QRZ Page

Very cool but what radio will this replace??? If it had all bands I would be super excited...because the 991A needs a new screen and a few updates. But to me this looks like it will replace the DX10 due to price point of the icom 7300...My guess....

The DX10 is fantastic as we all know but if you look at any of the resellers they always have it in stock. I believe its just to expensive to compete with the Icom 7300....

KI5BMK

Last edited: Jul 10, 2022
  6. M0MZB

M0MZB XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Just click bait...you have nothing new to say

N0BSR, N2DDX, K4SAX and 32 others like this.
  7. AD7SK

AD7SK Ham Member QRZ Page

"..That doesn't need to be said, but I'll say it anyway..."

Forty percent of the video was talking about other media and the next 50% is a labored reading of the spec sheet with some speculation. The last 10% is info about Yaesu releasing six radios since 2020.

The above quote does summarize it well.

N0BSR, KL5LD, N7KO and 32 others like this.
  8. KI5BMK

I agree with you 100%...and I bet it will be priced around $1200.. once it settles in and will directly compete and beat the Icom 7300....The Icom receiver is the weak point on that radio...and why it doesn't score very well on the Sherwood Engineering site...

Now we need a new 991A....

W9WQA, KG5EYC and AK5B like this.
  9. AK5B

AK5B XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Along the lines of my hunch, too--I will expect an initial MSRP of $1895 settling down around $1500 or so after a while. I would interested if Yaesu does the same kind of revision with the 101 series as I've been back and forth on getting one versus the K4. Since I well remember all the hullabaloo, requests and suggestions as to producing a K4 (as well as a solid-state legal-limit amp after they produced the KPA500) about 11-12 years ago---and have been chomping at the bit for a K4 ever since, I will likely go in that direction anyway.

But these beautiful new Yaesus are pretty tempting, I must admit. I always did like my FT1000MP and it was one of those rigs you always regret parting with after the fact...

It's always to see a new rig from any company announced, too---especially these days!

Jeff

N4XRD likes this.
  10. KI5BMK

Why would it be priced higher than the DX10???

DL6BCX, N5BT, KC7ZXY and 2 others like this.
  11. PY2NEA

PY2NEA Ham Member QRZ Page

Not me.

What I am seeking is the utmost modern possible albeit sturdy and reliable, noise and HF effective, non-fancy, simple ergonomics transceiver, if possible to power from mains, 200~300W Tx, no 6m needs.

Oliver

PS. <1000$ to keep it affordable

WB8DD, KO4TXV, W4HMB and 3 others like this.
  12. WA4KCN

WA4KCN Ham Member QRZ Page

Excuses from other manufacturers out the door. Hats off to management at Yaesu.

KC7ZXY and K4XJ like this.
  13. PE1ONS

PE1ONS Ham Member QRZ Page

Maybe it just fill the gap of the FT-450 in the FTdx10 / 101 series.

KG5EYC, N5BT, KJ6RPR and 9 others like this.
  14. SE3X

SE3X Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

WIMO in Germany has it up for pre-order for us within Europe att 999 Euro. Compared to the IC-7300 priced at 1.299 Euro. https://www.wimo.com/en/catalogsearch/result/?q=ft-710

I don't think it has ever happened that a hamradio been cheaper in Europe than US. At least I have never seen that. Would be surprised if the FT-710 would be an exception.

With this pricing it will hurt ICOM and their IC-7300 sales for sure.

KD9UQE, KI5BMK and AK5B like this.
  15. KT0DD

KT0DD Ham Member QRZ Page

I don't believe it is a FTDX10 replacement, but rather one price point lower rig like th FTDX1200 was to the FTDX3000. FTDX10 was around 1300.00 for awhile VERY reasonable for what you get and pricing always changes seasonally. The FT-710 may lack the roofing filter or other features to make it cheaper and a direct threat to the 7300.

K4XJ, KC7ZXY, KI5BMK and 1 other person like this.