ad: HamHats-1

Nashua Area Radio Society’s Spring 2022 Ham Boot Camp Registration is Open!

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by AC1EV, Apr 15, 2022.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. AC1EV

AC1EV Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Boot Camp Logo.jpg

Registration is open for the Nashua Area Radio Society’s Spring Ham Bootcamp. Ham Bootcamp will be held online using Zoom web conferencing. This will also let us reach out to new Hams across the country.

Our spring Ham Bootcamp will be held on Saturday, May 14th from 10:00 am to 6:00 pm Eastern Time. The morning session will focus on Technician level activities and the afternoon session will focus on HF activities for General and above licensees. New this year will be a breakout session where attendees will have a choice between 3 different sessions.

Are you a newly licensed Technician, or a General or Extra and have never been on the air or built a station? Are you a prospective ham but would like to learn more about Amateur Radio activities? Ham Bootcamp is the program for you.

Here is the agenda:

Repeaters and VHF/UHF Session Activities
    • Putting together a Station for Repeaters – How to pick an HT or Mobile Radio and an Antenna
    • Making Contacts and Joining a Repeater Net
    • Radio Programming Tutorial
    • Getting Started with Amateur Radio Satellites
    • Getting started with Fox Hunting
    HF Session Activities
    • Putting together an HF Station for SSB, CW, and Digital
    • Picking and putting up an HF Antenna, Feedlines, and Grounds
    • Operating on the HF bands using SSB Voice
    • Getting started with WSJT-X and FT8 Digital
    Breakout Session

The final session of the day will be a breakout session where attendees will choose to attend one of the following 3 sessions:
    • Learning CW
    • Finding DX, Logging Contacts, and QSL’ing – Getting them logged/confirmed
    • Portable Operating
    Our online Bootcamp program is available to all licensed and prospective Hams in North America. You can register for our next Ham Bootcamp session here.

Spring 2022 Ham Bootcamp will be Online on May 14th
    Registration is now open for the May 14th session. You can get more information about Ham Bootcamp at https://www.n1fd.org/ham-bootcamp/.

Each attendee should register separately using this link. After registering, you will receive a link that will allow you to register for the Zoom meeting. Following the Zoom meeting registration, you will receive a personal Zoom link via email.

Any questions about Bootcamp? Contact us at bootcamp@n1fd.org

Our Ham Bootcamp program has also been featured in the October 2020 edition of QST Magazine. You can view the article here.

We look forward to seeing you in November.
    Jon Turner, AC1EV

KC1HLU, NX3H, KA8UGB and 6 others like this.
  2. N1IPU

N1IPU Ham Member QRZ Page

Thank you for your efforts. You guys set an example for the rest of us.

KA1YBS, AB1ZT and W7UUU like this.
  3. KA0HCP

KA0HCP XML Subscriber QRZ Page

"And never say 'Contact" when working a list! Just send your callsign, newbie."

"'Contact' is for starting propeller airplanes. Now drop down to LSB and give me twenty 'Overs"".

Boot Camp Contact.png

VU2EXP and KD7LYS like this.
  4. K0ITP

K0ITP Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Great idea and thanks for sharing with the rest of hams. I spread this around my club and see if anyone is interested.

5. N5XF

N5XF Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm registered. Really looking forward to it :)

6. KB5ZSM

KB5ZSM Ham Member QRZ Page

If I still lived in that neck of the woods I would want to get involved.

7. AC1EV

AC1EV Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Thank you for your comments, we are looking forward to seeing you at the event.

8. K1LKP

K1LKP Ham Member QRZ Page

Hats_off[1].gif

NX3H likes this.