ad: CQMM-1

HR2.0 - FCC Fees Start on April 19, Here is What to Expect

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KC5HWB, Apr 4, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KC5HWB

KC5HWB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

2. W5CJA

W5CJA XML Subscriber QRZ Page

This has been discussed ad nauseum on an earlier post on the QRZ main page. Why does this need to be pinned to the front page unless there are financial reasons to do so?

WB3EBN, VE3WWJ, N1DRS and 38 others like this.
  3. N1RBD

N1RBD XML Subscriber QRZ Page

And have to wade through a 70 minute video for what can be summarized in a few bullet points.

WB3EBN, VE3WWJ, N1DRS and 40 others like this.
  4. N7JVA

N7JVA Ham Member QRZ Page

WB3EBN, VE3WWJ, N1DRS and 46 others like this.
  5. KT5OT

KT5OT XML Subscriber QRZ Page

more junkmail podcasts!

VE3WWJ, N1DRS, KF4ZKU and 32 others like this.
  6. PY2NEA

PY2NEA Ham Member QRZ Page

If you've landed here feeling you've been mislead, instead of losing more minutes in vain search for "Brazil mess" in the title, no thread nor forum, and maybe you'd like to sign down a petition to shake our beloved Anatel. Text is all portuguese, but you can trust our beliefs and goals.

Our situation is critical, yours is wonderful.

I know Br-crowd is never concerned about anything, ever, but issues Br Amateur-Radio been facing for a few decades are difficult to ignore.

Thank you,
    Oliver

7. N2ICZ

N2ICZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Actually, Ria and Josh discuss more than just the fees, i.e. FCC enforcement and lack thereof, interference, GMRS licensing, licensing in other countries, immigration licensing, and a host of topics some hams seem to lose their minds over.

KC5HWB likes this.
  8. DO1FER

DO1FER Ham Member QRZ Page

Here I think that 3,50 $ per year is to tolerate. First the US goverment wants to know who is legal in the national airspace and on the national ground. This for to avoid pirate- or clandestine stations, just to name a reason. At next the FCC needs money for to pay the employees which do the administration and to offer official webservices. So nobody can say that this got to be free of charge.

WB3EBN and KB2QQM like this.
  9. W3ATT

W3ATT Ham Member QRZ Page

Perfect! Thanks for that link! I just don't have time for these videos that a wayyyyy toooo looooong!!!!

N4CAX, KD1ELK, AK5B and 10 others like this.
  10. W0DN

W0DN XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I keep up with the Fee structure just to keep my
    buddies up to date. The Podcaster is is just flexing
    his muscle a bit, no skin off of my nose nor money out
    of my pocket.
    BTW, the Bands were great 4-4-22 here in Zero land, worked 5 DX countries, 100 watts and a wire
    73-WØDN

N4GST, N9NY, KQ1V and 1 other person like this.
  11. W2JLD

W2JLD Ham Member QRZ Page

Jason does a great job with his videos and takes a lot of time and effort to put on a youtube channel with content and informative conversation about the hobby I really enjoy...why brow beat the guy, you should be out there applauding him........if you think you can do a better job at making videos and supplying content and have people on your live streams........at least he is getting out here..............like him or not he is not going anywhere anytime soon.

KB2QQM, ITAL7, K3SX and 6 others like this.
  12. K6VOX

K6VOX Ham Member QRZ Page

Great more Monetization of Amateur radio.....

N9NY, VE3WWJ, KF4ZKU and 10 others like this.
  13. KF0G

KF0G Ham Member QRZ Page

we must follow thee rules like serfs. lest there be anarchy commrades.

KB2QQM, N3HQN, AC0OB and 3 others like this.
  14. W5CJA

W5CJA XML Subscriber QRZ Page

You missed the whole point....but I'll take a stab. He admitted to accepting a discount (of an unknown amount) to do a review on a product. He also didn't disclose this in the video or description...he only stated it deep in the comments well after the video was posted. If I knew nothing else about the man, this would be enough.

Back on topic, there's no issue with him making a video. I DO have a problem with this being posted while the topic has already been discussed on a post that's still on the main page.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2022
    WB3EBN, VE3WWJ, K0IP and 26 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.