ad: Radclub22-1

15 Years of AmateurLogic.TV

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by W5JDX, Oct 19, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
  1. W5JDX

W5JDX Ham Member QRZ Page

al_ep148_qrz.png
    AmateurLogic.TV Episode 148 is now available for download.

Back in 2005 improved Internet speeds and technology made it feasible to distribute video over the Internet. There were only a dozen or so video podcasts across all genres at the time. In October of that year AmateurLogic.TV released episode 1, becoming the world's first and longest running amateur radio related video program.

Fast forward 15 years as we celebrate 15 Years of AmateurLogic. Tommy, N5ZNO is Getting Started With The IC-705. George, W5JDX shows some Simple and Useful Transistor Projects anyone can build. Emile, KE5QKR calibrates his rig with WWV until it hertz. Peter, VK3PB joins for an update from Downunder , and Mike, VE3MIC brings the Great White North perspective.

The grand prize winner of our Icom IC-705 transceiver and complete prize package giveaway is announced.

Download
    YouTube

W9LRM, K4DSB, K4FMH and 3 others like this.
  2. KB6QXM

KB6QXM Ham Member QRZ Page

The content is half-way decent, but all involved should take some "presentation skills" classes. I cannot watch the content due to the articulation of the content.

W4THC, KC8YXA and M1WML like this.
  3. CURVAFIESOLE

CURVAFIESOLE QRZ Member

may be the aim of this thread is just to announce. but what for?

friv 2020

M1WML likes this.
  4. M1WML

M1WML Ham Member QRZ Page

love the reviews of all the radios.. well done..;)

K4DSB, KC8YXA, W5JDX and 1 other person like this.
  5. K9GLS

K9GLS Guest

Your comment is halfway decent but perhaps you need to take some writing classes and learn to avoid using the word "content" three times in two sentences. Better yet maybe create some content on your own so you can see just how much work is involved in order to get just to the halfway decent level. They've survived for 15 years so I guess they are doing something right.

KC7MRY, W4RAM, K4FMH and 9 others like this.
  6. KC5HWB

KC5HWB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Congrats George and Tommy, well deserved!

K4DSB, KC8YXA, M1WML and 1 other person like this.
  7. N1IPU

N1IPU Ham Member QRZ Page

LOL, They do present some good info most often but yeah, bit hard to sit through. I will take this over the usual self important clik hounds though.

KK9W and M1WML like this.
  8. NN6EE

NN6EE Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

HOLY CRAP OB!!! WHY "BITCH ABOUT HAM-RADIO LOGIC???" IT'S A FREAK'N HOBBY!!! LET'S SEE IF U CAN DO ANY BETTER???

K4BBN and M1WML like this.
  9. N1IPU

N1IPU Ham Member QRZ Page

Because keeping ones mouth shut just speeds up the race to mediocrity. I think the guys who produce this have been great but man the frayed edges have been showing lately. The need to inject some fresh blood and excitement.

10. W8KSC

W8KSC Ham Member QRZ Page

Gentlemen: Thank you for all you do for Amateur Radio. Never mind the cranks, keep up the good work.

K4DSB, WB5THT, K4BBN and 2 others like this.
  11. K9GLS

K9GLS Guest

And not keeping your mouth shut will lead to all comment sections being shut down. You see it already where comments are disabled on almost all news sites. Just keep up the curmudgeon negativity against mediocrity and see what happens. 15 years ago CBS, Netflix and Disney quality wasn't expected out of self made videos like this. Guess all someone has to do to impress you is shoot a 4k video with a blurry (bokeh) green screen and PRETTY paid spokesmodel to read a script that I would bet my retirement on she has no idea what she was even reading. The fake wannabe newsreporter style of video is WAY more mediocre than this.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 22, 2020
  12. WB4QDA

WB4QDA Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks for doing what you do .You are a great asset to Amateur Radio !

KC0KEK and W5JDX like this.
  13. KB6QXM

You are right. I do not need writing classes, but the ability to edit after submission of the post. That is functionality that this platform does not support.

14. KB6QXM

I would take on that challenge, but my work in the Silicon Valley far outweighs the desire to do an amateur radio video blog. When I watch those guys, it reminds me of "Hillbilly Ham Radio"

15. K9GLS

K9GLS Guest

You have 30 minutes to edit away. Unless they've changed that just today. Nope I just clicked the edit button and it works fine after submission of my post.