ad: Schulman-1

UK Foundation Online Course Update

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by M0PSX, Jun 2, 2020.

Tags:
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. M0PSX

M0PSX Ham Member QRZ Page

As you're probably aware, as a result of the COVID situation, UK Foundation practicals are still suspended and RSGB exams can be booked & taken online from home.

Since April, we've seen demand for online training skyrocket as the majority of clubs are no longer able to offer classroom training due to COVID. We had 420 people join one of our courses in April, and over 500 in May.

Our next free UK Foundation revision course starts this Sunday, and we have over 230 enrolled so far - there's still time to enrol if you, or someone you know, wants to get their UK amateur radio licence without completing the practicals or having to visit an exam centre.

Our course runs for 3 weeks, includes course material, videos, mock tests and live webinars.

Handy links:

Details about our course: https://www.essexham.co.uk/train/foundation-online/

Booking an exam online with RSGB: https://rsgb.org/main/rsgb-examination-booking/

[​IMG]

Best regards,

Pete M0PSX

Attached Files:

G0UUU, MM7DRA, G4IDS and 5 others like this.
  2. 2E0RLR

2E0RLR QRZ Lifetime Member #563 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Superb news keep up the good work!

3. WA4KFZ

WA4KFZ Ham Member QRZ Page

I hope the ARRL offers this type of capability someday! I especially like the fact that students are required to take a practical test and show that they know how to set up and operate a station.

4. M0OQU

M0OQU Ham Member QRZ Page

well done Pete , the B.R.A.T.S. are going down this route as well plus re starting our foundation course soon

5. JF1IRQ

JF1IRQ Ham Member QRZ Page

Online is a good idea.

6. M6ONH

M6ONH Ham Member QRZ Page

Superb content well delivered. Would recommend this to anyone looking to get into the hobby in the UK.

7. MM7DRA

MM7DRA Ham Member QRZ Page

A really brilliant course. This is how I studied for my Foundation Licence Exam along with the Foundation Licence Manual from RSGB. Would highly recommend it.

Thanks Pete :)

73's,
    Ahmed - MM7DRA

8. MM7PRJ

MM7PRJ Ham Member QRZ Page

I took this online course and it was very good. My exam was 2 days after the course finished. I got my callsign earlier this week. MM7PRJ

G5TM and VE3GCX like this.
  9. G7NFP

G7NFP Ham Member QRZ Page

Hopefully it will encourage even more youngsters into the hobby.

G5TM and VE3GCX like this.
  10. G4IDS

G4IDS Ham Member QRZ Page

I just got my call sign today and I can highly recommend Pete's course

Ian
    M7IDS

11. G4IDS

Are BRATS going to do their Intermediate online as well?

I hear that RSGB is in the process of taking Intermediate exams online

12. M0OQU

M0OQU Ham Member QRZ Page

we are not sure but are exploring this posibality with the rsgb

13. AD4ZU

AD4ZU Ham Member QRZ Page

Good job. This is an important step, and in the United States will be noted.

14. M7KPS

M7KPS Ham Member QRZ Page

I can only provide praise for Pete / EssexHam training. I used their online videos and slides to obtain my 'lockdown Foundation' licence. A big thank you to EssexHam.
    Pete M7KPS

M0YFL likes this.
  15. G4IDS

RSGB announced intermediate online from Monday 13th July. Again no practical necessary due to covid