ad: Schulman-1

Outdoor Ham Radio Adventure at Big Bend National Park

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by W5KV, Jul 30, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
  1. W5KV

W5KV XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Continuing to spread the word about this wonderful program...

Worldwide Flora & Fauna - Parks on the Air

Join me as I activate Big Bend National Park.

One of the most remote places in the lower 48!

K0PIR, WB1E, AK5B and 1 other person like this.
  2. KA0CZW

KA0CZW Ham Member QRZ Page

We were amazed at the size and remoteness of this park. We spent 4 days here in our RV along with my brother in his RV. Explored big time - Rio Grande - mountains - "front porch" and all. Didn't get on the air though. Worth a visit!

KA0CZW & KA0TXX

W5KV likes this.
  3. KB2UEW

KB2UEW Ham Member QRZ Page

thanks nice video 73 my friend

W5KV likes this.
  4. WB1E

WB1E Ham Member QRZ Page

Good deal Johnny! Great video, editing and all. Wishing there is some decent rock hunting there at the Big Bend park in addition to setting up a field station. Hope to see you at Belton sometime.

73, Doug
    N5DMC

W5KV likes this.
  5. W5KV

W5KV XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Thanks all! This trip was lots of fun, was definitely a 'checkmark' on the ole' bucket list!

6. K5KTF

K5KTF XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Nice video! From what I know, you only saw part of the park, because the place is HUGE. We had guys go work the Big Bend 50K race they used to hold there (now in the state park to the west). Now that I have a camper myself, I hope to make it down there maybe next year. Maybe see y'all at Summerfest this weekend! (Ill be there)

W5KV likes this.
  7. VE3CV

VE3CV XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I was vacationing at BB last April and camping at Rio Grande Village. I set up my ic7300 outside with a transworld antenna spent 2 days making contacts.
    Althought I was not registered with Worldwide Flora & Fauna - Parks on the Air, qso's were interested in contacting someone at this location. All great fun.
    Did I mention it was hot...102f in the shade. Because we are from Canada I was using my call sign with a /W5 suffix.
    Thanks for your post.

W5KV likes this.
  8. W3AAX

W3AAX Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks K5ACL! Glad you are having a lot of fun. parksontheair.com for more information.

W5KV likes this.