ad: HamHats-1

May Issue: The Logger's Bark Magazine

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by W7UUU, Apr 30, 2024.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. N4MU

N4MU Ham Member QRZ Page

Re. HF aeronautical story: As a former flight instructor one of the first things that was drilled into a student pilot's brain (hopefully) was that of distractions. Using an amateur radio while piloting is just that, a distraction. It's no wonder that the so-called professional pilots who do so do not divulge their airline. What does that tell you? Cruise flight or not, if the pilot is so bored with his job, and responsibilities, perhaps he should look for another vocation that will not place hundreds of passengers in jeopardy due to his attention to ATNO instead of paying attention to his job. I know if I discovered my pilot not devoting 100% of his time to aviating I would take another flight. It's tantamount to texting while driving except there are a lot more folks in the back seat. We know how many of those scenarios work out.
    P.S. GREAT newsletter otherwise.

2. KB8SKK

KB8SKK Ham Member QRZ Page

Another great issue Dave !!

If I was a club member, I would prob be at 350 lbs
    with all the dining.

Club Chef, lol

Adder: congrats on the new family members !!

Karl
    KB8SKK

Last edited: May 3, 2024
    W7XH likes this.
  3. AD4ZU

AD4ZU Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm in publishing (mainly defense titles) and your mea culpa attests to someone who's serious about producing a quality publication!

W2NCC, W7XH, W0ML and 1 other person like this.
  4. W7ASA

W7ASA Ham Member QRZ Page

It's not so much the plane's radio equipment, it's the 32,000 foot tower ...

73 de Ray ..._ ._

KA6HUM and W7XH like this.
  5. KA6HUM

KA6HUM Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Dave - Great publication, even for those of us who don't live in Tacoma!
    I want to note that in the antenna word search, there was another hidden antenna (sorta) - on the second and third rows, I found:
    J
    POLE
    Keep up the great work!
    Thanks and 73,
    Dick
    KA6HUM

6. W7UUU

W7UUU Director, QRZ Forums Lifetime Member 133 QRZ HQ Staff Life Member QRZ Page

Clever find Dick! Just the randomness of such things.... I use a program that generates those and never would have caught that :)

Dave
    W7UUU

KA6HUM and K8PG like this.
  7. K8PG

K8PG QRZ Lifetime Member #333 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Sure is a Wonderful newsletter and
    Club to boot. I envy your fellowship
    73’s to all .

Paul K8PG

W7UUU and W7ASA like this.