ad: Radclub22-1

May Issue: The Logger's Bark Magazine

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by W7UUU, Apr 30, 2024.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. W7UUU

W7UUU Director, QRZ Forums Lifetime Member 133 QRZ HQ Staff Life Member QRZ Page

Thanks for all the great feedback from the last issues of The Logger's Bark, the newsletter & magazine of W7DK, The Radio Club of Tacoma! You can read about the club at www.W7DK.org and if you're ever in Tacoma, WA on a Saturday, the club holds open house every Saturday from 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM and all are welcome. Full details at the link above.

In this month's Bark I feature "Con" Nagy, WA7E, who many here on QRZ may have worked on HF SSB while he's piloting a 737 at 34,000 feet over the US! Learn all about how HF operation by an amateur radio airline captain works - what the radio consists of, where it's located, all of that.

Plus a whole lot more - 98 pages of features, articles, photos, tips, and blurbs all about amateur radio.

Download the Logger's Bark HERE: https://static.qrz.com/w7dk/May2024-QRZ.rE.pdf

IMPORTANT: Be sure to actually download it to read - in Preview mode, the external links won't work!

[EDIT - ERRATA] - Note that in the EmComm article that begins on page 62, the graphics on Page 66 and Page 68 accidentally got transposed - figure 3 should read figure 5, and 5 should read 3.

Dave
    W7UUU
    Editor/Publisher

may-bark-2.png

Last edited: May 1, 2024
    W7JSJ, KA6HUM, KG4BFR and 11 others like this.
  2. W6ZZW

W6ZZW Ham Member QRZ Page

fantastic newsletter...world class...well done boys and girls

KA6HUM, W2NCC, HB9EPC and 2 others like this.
  3. WA1GXC

WA1GXC Ham Member QRZ Page

https://www.law.cornell.edu/cfr/text/14/121.544

Nice.

KG4BFR, HB9EPC, AK5B and 1 other person like this.
  4. W3KW

W3KW Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Dave and group-

Another fantastic issue. I am guilty of occasional Aero-Mobile ops, alas my 737 gear is AM or USB only. The 2NT article was both informative and well timed! I just picked up a cosmetically perfect 2NT, 2-C, 2-AQ station ready for electrical restoration. In fact, the Hayseed Hamfest caps arrived yesterday. Now I’m super motivated. That “rag” you folks put together is just fantastic! I’m already looking forward to the next issue.

Well done to all and 73 (how does one sign off aero-mobile? 73-7? Ha!)

Wes
    W3KW

KA6HUM, KG4BFR, HB9EPC and 2 others like this.
  5. ZL3XZ

ZL3XZ Ham Member QRZ Page

I've worked 2 Boeing aeronautical mobiles one over Brazil heading to Houston Texas the other over France heading to Spain.
    It's a real buzz to work them.

KA6HUM, AD4ZU and W7XH like this.
  6. WR4Y

WR4Y Ham Member QRZ Page

KD8DWO, N8PDX, KG4BFR and 2 others like this.
  7. W7UUU

W7UUU Director, QRZ Forums Lifetime Member 133 QRZ HQ Staff Life Member QRZ Page

Please debate the CFR issue back in the other thread where it dragged on for pages. We don’t need another identical debate

Thanks

W6KCS, W0ML, KC8VWM and 1 other person like this.
  8. ZL3XZ

ZL3XZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Great magazine really interesting.

KA6HUM, W2NCC, KG4BFR and 2 others like this.
  9. KT4QD

KT4QD XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Wow, what a fantastic news letter! Why am I not surprised that W7UUU is a part of the mix!

KA6HUM, W2NCC and W7XH like this.
  10. W7XH

W7XH XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Have you considered writing an article to submit to the Bark for publication? I would love to know what you would feature. Give it a thought!

KT4PH likes this.
  11. WA1GXC

WA1GXC Ham Member QRZ Page

So as to not distract from this thread, see response in Ham Radio Discussions parallel below, subject discussion titled :
    "Is it ok to transmit VHF...on American Airlines"

12. W7UUU

[EDIT - ERRATA] - Note that in the EmComm article that begins on page 62, the graphics on Page 66 and Page 68 accidentally got transposed - figure 3 should read figure 5, and 5 should read 3.

Dave
    W7UUU

KA6HUM and W2NCC like this.
  13. KK4EM

KK4EM XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I really enjoy reading these, Dave. Thanks. Maybe better than QST...

KA6HUM, W2NCC, W7UUU and 1 other person like this.
  14. W7UUU

Thank you - that's very kind :)

Dave
    W7UUU

1 person likes this.
  15. KO4HNB

KO4HNB XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Wow! What a great job! I want to keep up with this-
    Tom
    KO4HNB

KA6HUM likes this.