ad: ProAudio-1

Amprepairguy Is Now The new Owner Of Harbach Electronics

Discussion in 'General Announcements' started by K7IN, Mar 31, 2024.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
  1. K7IN

K7IN Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

2. KB1SEL

KB1SEL Ham Member QRZ Page

Very sad , Jeff had contacted me a couple weeks ago asking if I would like to purchase his company.

I plan on keeping the kit availability alive.

Kb1sel

K7XRL, WS9K, W8TJM and 5 others like this.
  3. K7IN

Scott, this sounds like a great opportunity for you, and it would be a great service to the amateur community as a whole. It is sad that his health is such that there isn't time to negotiate keeping it alive and having a good transition for the business.

There certainly seems to be a considerable demand for his products, and he has an excellent reputation throughout the hobby as well. I hope you can keep the kits going for years to come. - Paul, K7IN

KB1SEL likes this.
  4. KB1SEL

KB1SEL Ham Member QRZ Page

Thank you Paul

I will also be adding more items to the site to help support each of the pa’s. I have resources and knowledge that I have accumulated over the past 20 plus years in the repair industry, that I will be able to contribute to the site.

Harbach and Jeff’s legacy couldn’t be in better hands.

The kits , parts and my pa repair work will continue for many many years to come. I’m 42 years old and amplifiers are my passion. This work is my primary work, not a secondary side gig.

Scott Kb1sel
    Amprepairguy.com
    YouTube amp repair guy

Last edited: Mar 31, 2024
    K7XRL, N2PQW, W1BR and 2 others like this.
  5. K7IN

Thank you, Scott. I am sure this is great news for many hams who enjoy using their tube amplifiers. - Paul

KB1SEL likes this.
  6. VE7RF

VE7RF Ham Member QRZ Page

Scott is in an ideal position to take over Harbach. It will complement his existing .....amprepairguy.com repair business. It's an ideal fit, and a superb business model.
    Scott is a Pentalab tube dealer already, so expect the entire tube line up to end up on the Harbach site...along with several other items.
    He is the right age, and with 20 yrs of experience, and already having installed a ton of Harbach mods and kits, is well versed to continue the Harbach business model...and expand it.

W5ARM, KB1SEL, K8PG and 1 other person like this.
  7. W5ARM

W5ARM XML Subscriber QRZ Page

They aren't closing "permanently".
    The notice on their website explicitly says closing "temporarily"...

KB1SEL likes this.
  8. N4EDX

N4EDX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Sorry.. confused by info on different Harbach pages... like the Dentron page..
    That could be intentional since we Dentron users are often confused :()
    Will be in touch about a PM2500 for my old sweetie... she popped, puffed a lil blue cloud and gave off a little odor... Caps??? She is an original untouched MLA2500 non A model.

Sad about Harbach.
    73's
    Ed
    N4EDX

Last edited: Apr 3, 2024
  9. VE7RF

Home page has the official...'temp closed' announcement. However, on parts pages, or individual sub headings, like dentron, drake, heath etc...they have the red banner...which sez...'permanently closed' ...... which is IN correct.
    Just talked to scott 2 mins ago. There is a ton of items being shipped from Ohio to CT. Stay tuned. It's all in transition. Be patient.

W5ARM likes this.
  10. VE7RF

It's still in a transitional phase as of today. A lot of items are being shipped from OH to CT.
    A lot of new items will be added, including the entire Penta tube lineup, for both amateur and commercial users.

11. VE7RF

Amprepairguy Is Now The new Owner Of Harbach Electronics !!!!!!

It's still in a transitional phase as of today. A lot of items are being shipped from OH to CT.
    A lot of new items will be added, including the entire Penta tube lineup, for both amateur and commercial users.

K7XRL likes this.
  12. K7XRL

K7XRL Ham Member QRZ Page

I was just browsing their site looking for breakers, etc.

Hopefully he will stock things like parasitic suppressors, wafer switches and some of the other common upgrades he does on his youtube channel, like the SB220 grounded grid copper straps, etc.

I saw that Harbach had closed and I was worried I wouldn't be able to get any parts. I started work on refurbish an SB220 back around September of last year and still might need a thing or two.

13. W9GB

W9GB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

The “new question” will be MFJ / Ameritron HF amplifiers (Parts and Repairs),
    after their current Inventory is Exhausted.

IMG_5154.png