ad: CQMM-1

April Issue: The Logger's Bark Magazine

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by W7UUU, Apr 1, 2024.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
  1. G1MHU

G1MHU XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Brillliant newsletter.. one of the best I have ever read..

G1MHU

W7XH likes this.
  2. KD0UUU

KD0UUU Ham Member QRZ Page

W7UUU DE KD0UUU

I must say I really enjoyed the April 2024 magazine! Joe was a favorite of my music collection and I was very surprised that he is into ham radio so I will keep an ear open for his call sign on the air. Thanks for a great magazine!
    KD0UUU

W7UUU likes this.
  3. W7UUU

W7UUU Director, QRZ Forums Lifetime Member 133 QRZ HQ Staff Life Member QRZ Page

Thanks for the kind words, UUU!!

From another UUU :)

The original article that ran in November 2002 has the full article on Joe and his ham radio interests and early days in the hobby. The Logger's Bark article is more a "retrospective of how I got the gig" on the 22nd anniversary.

The November 2002 CQ article is all about Joe and his ham radio exploits directly.

Dave
    W7UUU

4. WN1MB

WN1MB Ham Member QRZ Page

...tackle box, boat, lake, and 3 mile radius of surrounding territory.

W7XH and W7UUU like this.
  5. KA7SSR

KA7SSR Ham Member QRZ Page

I tested and got my first License (Novice) back in the 80's at the Tacoma Radio Club. Have moved a LOT since then; now in South Texas, but the same call sign I've had since then - KA7SSR.
    Props on your work!

W7XH and W7UUU like this.
  6. W7TRD

W7TRD Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Very nice Newsletter!

W7XH likes this.
  7. K4MTO

K4MTO Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Oh my gosh!
    What an amazing article about JW! Let alone, your amazing chance to meet a rock star! Now, we get to learn more about our moderator. Dude! You ARE a rock star! Thanks for bringing Tacoma into our world! Glad QRZ included the Loggers Bark! Many bravo zulus to you! (Ex Navy)
    Mike - k4mto

W7XH likes this.
  8. W7UUU

W7UUU Director, QRZ Forums Lifetime Member 133 QRZ HQ Staff Life Member QRZ Page

Thanks for the kind words, Mike. You're very welcome

Dave
    W7UUU

9. KC9YGN

KC9YGN QRZ Lifetime Member #750 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Very, very well written and well designed newsletter! One of the best I've seen.

W7XH likes this.
  10. W7DGP

W7DGP Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I read the now famous newsletter from cover to cover. I was just going scan over it but ended up reading it all. The "April 1" article and photos were hilarious but even more hilarious has been the objection to including this material. It makes it even more humorous. I remember reading the CQ article on Joe Walsh and now your article ties a lot together. Back in the day.....(here it comes) Popular Electronics would run April 1 articles. The most famous to me was April 1955 titled "Contrapolar Energy" with photos like a big American Beauty soldering iron covered with ice crystals. I tried to trick my 8th grade science teacher with this one but she didn't buy it. Can't wait until next month's newsletter. Great job! Oldsmobile!
    73, Larry W7DGP

W7UUU likes this.
  11. W7UUU

Oldsmobile indeed! :)

12. W9OQI

W9OQI Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

This is an AWESOMELY well done magazine! I this the BEST Amateur Radio magazine I have come across in some time!!!!!
    Chip
    W9OQI

W7XH likes this.
  13. W7UUU

Gosh - thanks so much, Chip.

The May issue will publish on the site on May 1st

Dave
    W7UUU

14. AI7RB

AI7RB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Thanks Dave, for providing info I never knew about my own club members, including you. That's what a good news letter/magazine does. Keep it up!

AI7RB, Ruff

W7XH likes this.
  15. W6ZZW

W6ZZW Ham Member QRZ Page

great

W7XH and AI7RB like this.