ad: TinyPaddle-1

Amateur Radio Newsline headlines for Ham Nation. January 29, 2020.

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KB7TBT, Jan 27, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. N9LCD

N9LCD Ham Member

"AGAIN" should read "AS USUAL"!

N9LCD o_O

2. WD0BCT

WD0BCT Ham Member QRZ Page

I would like to share a quote from Steve Garbe the Editor of Black Powder Cartridge News regarding the danger of tolerating fools gladly.
    "More than once I have thought that we would have been better off never having our various "chat rooms" that provide a stage for those individuals seemingly bent on irritating others. Petty disputes aired in the presence of folks newly interested in our sport have done more damage to our participation numbers than any other thing."

Listening to a YouTube video on this years Quartzsite event there was a reference to avoiding QRZ or eHam if you are new to ham radio!

Perhaps we should think about that before we respond to those who are bent on irritation?

KE6MAK and WN1MB like this.
  3. K8MGA

K8MGA Ham Member QRZ Page

HIRE SOMEONE WHO IS SMART ENOUGH TO PETITION THE FCC TO GRANDFATHER IN SOME 39,000 ADVANCED WHO HAVE BEEN THROUGH THE REAL TRIAL BY FIRE TO BOAST THE MEMBERSHIP TO INCREASE OUR OVER CLOUT !

4. AA4EZ

AA4EZ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Why does anyone renew their membership? The BoD are just a bunch of "good ole boys" that will only tolerate someone that bows to them.

K1OIK likes this.
  5. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Ria is a woman, so consider your statement false.

K1OIK likes this.
  6. VE3VXO

VE3VXO Guest

Like the Norcal NC2030 ? :) I must admit, I have a couple of fake radios now though.

Joe

7. VE3VXO

VE3VXO Guest

We let the corporatistas take control of everything. Sadly the internet is now the same. Special interest group, magazines, TV (forget about it) advertising dollars control everything now. I run an adblocker on my browser but now they detect that and deny the content if you refuse the ads. When is it enough already? I'll bet if there weren't fat salaries in a top heavy organization the subscriber fees could pay for the publishing with no ads at all, especially with electronic media.

K8JHR likes this.
  8. W5TTW

W5TTW XML Subscriber QRZ Page

So much fuss over a magazine publishing company.

9. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

My DXCC was not issued by a magazine.

10. W1RDT

W1RDT Ham Member QRZ Page

Now Hunter's a guy that could definitely benefit from an Invisibility Cloak, eh?

11. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Or a chastity belt!

LOL!

12. W5TTW

W5TTW XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Along with the magazine, they publish books and award certificates. (Just like CQ magazine.)

Last edited: Jan 31, 2020
  13. KG4WRQ

KG4WRQ Ham Member QRZ Page

I respect your opinion. But, I can't really understand it. Maybe it's because I was an IT professional for nearly 45 years. But, I find electronic versions of magazines, etc, to be much better than printed ones. Plus, I don't have to discard so much paper waste.

14. KG4WRQ

KG4WRQ Ham Member QRZ Page

Hey, stop with the "all caps". That is sooo 1990's. Did you not take typing in high-school?

K1OIK likes this.
  15. K3OXL

K3OXL Ham Member QRZ Page

How about Hunter Biden?

ND6M likes this.