ad: cq2k-1

QRZ Server Upgrade Success!

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by AA7BQ, Feb 1, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. W7UUU

W7UUU Director, QRZ Forums Lifetime Member 133 QRZ HQ Staff Life Member QRZ Page

Don't sweat the small stuff :)

Dave
    W7UUU

K4AGO and K1LKP like this.
  2. KV6O

KV6O Ham Member QRZ Page

Nice! I still have servers with spinning rusty plates, and I had one have a drive fail on Tuesday:

20190129_191112.jpg

Curious, I guess you're using "enterprise class" SSD's, and your RW cycles aren't an issue? I would suspect for most of the static datasets (forum posts, picture, etc), this would be the case, but for databases and other datasets (like databases) that expand, index, contract, etc., that this would be a problem. The server above current uptime is 462 days running VMWare 6.5... Love VMware!

My laptops and workstations are SSD, but still old school on the servers I guess... I can write on some drives in a month what a workstation would see in 3-4 years! I REALLY like the HP's I have - that's a DL380G9 in the pic, and the lights make swapping a drive relatively idiot proof. Which is good, because at 3am you can be an idiot.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2019
  3. K8ZCT

K8ZCT XML Subscriber QRZ Page

XML Lookup not working with HRD

4. W7UUU

W7UUU Director, QRZ Forums Lifetime Member 133 QRZ HQ Staff Life Member QRZ Page

Not working on N3FJP either... that's a biggie

Dave
    W7UUU

K4AGO likes this.
  5. KD4IEM

KD4IEM Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

XML lookup is working with Log4OM.

6. W7UUU

Interesting... maybe a reboot or something is in order? I can't get lookup working on N3FJP but I'm still traveling, and not at my main shack computer to really try stuff out. It's not working on my laptop (which normally works fine) right now

Dave
    W7UUU

7. W6UXB

W6UXB Ham Member QRZ Page

Fred, I think you should make it an '813' instead of an '807' HI I don't see ads on the home page, but that is sort of nice, cheers Geoff

8. AA7BQ

AA7BQ QRZ Founder QRZ HQ Staff QRZ Page

Try https://xml.qrz.com/xcheck

If this page works then the xml system is verified.

9. KG5EIU

KG5EIU Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

That page http://xml.qrz.com/xcheck is working for me with my login and password - however HRD and other things are NOT working for XML lookups for me - any other suggestions - I have rebooted - several times.

10. WD3N

WD3N Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I thought that I was sent to the corn field.
    It is way too cold for that.
    Thanks QRZ

WZ7U likes this.
  11. W7UUU

N3FJP now seems to be working fine !! :)

Dave
    W7UUU

12. SE3X

SE3X Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Same situation here. Testpage says everythings OK. But HRD XML Lookup doesn't work. Restarted several times no change.

13. K9UFA

K9UFA Ham Member QRZ Page

Those MOD 15's will run forever. Improvement is awesome.

14. K7RHT

K7RHT Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Hi Fred, I do note that the hotlist no longer shows up on the home page, at least on my computer.
    Randy

15. NK7I

NK7I XML Subscriber QRZ Page

One more that passes the link page you sent but not working in HRD. Was any script used to alter what HRD submits to a different format?

Thanks Fred.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.