ad: MLSons-1

ARRL Petitions FCC to include Parity Act wording in Part 97

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by K5UJ, Dec 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
  1. W8LV

W8LV Ham Member QRZ Page

So What? My Dad can Beat Your Dad!

Let's open a can of Beanie Weenies (We called them "beans and ....." but I won't go there though you being are one right now...probably all the time) and pretend that the HOA's are a Real Government Entity!

Last edited: Dec 26, 2018
  2. KK5JY

KK5JY Ham Member QRZ Page

Only by name. :eek:

W8LV likes this.
  3. W8LV

W8LV Ham Member QRZ Page

I was married to her.
    I got better, though...

KK5JY likes this.
  4. K1VSK

K1VSK Ham Member QRZ Page

What is interesting is that you actually believe that.

Your welcome. Guess you missed the subtlety of using her as an Anthropomorphism of your comments in general.

5. W8LV

W8LV Ham Member QRZ Page

"By factual data, I mean that there has to be some tangible information to address the FCC position."

97.1 IS the factual data, as is The Constitution!
    That's what ALL of these entities, Alphabet Soup and otherwise are SUPPOSED to be following! They are not supposed to DISCOURAGE AND UNDERMINE 97.1! That includes the Present Congress AND the FCC. The FCC can't just say: Well we will just do "so and so" if this PRESENT CONGRESS says we should do so." Because 97.1 ALREADY addresses what they should be doing! It's ALREADY ON THE BOOKS that they are SUPPOSED to follow! NOBODY HAS CHANGED 97.1! They can't just pick and choose what CFR's they are going to follow and not follow! Just because the Present Congress said they don't like it, but didn't actually change it? Or because some CAI Lackie Clown with a General Class ticket hiding behind a mailbox (but apparently without an Engineering or a law degree and so what if he even did or does have either, both, or neither, So kindest "88's" and "73" to you, Pal) said so? Can you IMAGINE an Adminisrative Law Judge finding differently? I sure can't!
    Look: This is CLEAR. We've been dissed, and we need a Legal Remedy: Authority has been exceeded here.

73 DE W8LV Bill

Last edited: Dec 26, 2018
  6. W8LV

W8LV Ham Member QRZ Page

NO... I really DID divorce her, and I got better!

7. K1VSK

Your petulant insult noted. Before i retired, I was an ALJ. And was a chemical engineer prior...

Anything else to add?

8. WA7PRC

WA7PRC Ham Member QRZ Page

I never said, nor in any way indicated there is any public need for my station. IMO, the same goes for the vast majority of hams -- most of us just WANT to ragchew, etc.

9. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Don,

As you know, K1VR has been forthcoming on his objections to the ARPA in its latest forms, and we should presume he has opinions on the petition , that he may wish to express publicly after he takes office as an ARRL director. Couldn't say, but that is my opinion.

I would honestly be curious what your opinion is on this petition, particularly as to whether the FCC will even consider it (or just deny it).

Chip W1YW

10. K1VSK

I haven't spoken with Fred in years nor am I in contact with anyone in the Private Radio Bureau so I have no idea what either might want. My understanding is that Fred did write a pretty clear criticism of ARPA and I see nothing substantially different in this current iteration in that it contains the same flaws he enumerated. In that context, this petition appears to me to be merely a form over substance change. Being football season, I guess a good metaphor would be a 'Hail Mary pass'.

11. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks.

Have a HNY!

Chip W1YW

12. W8LV

W8LV Ham Member QRZ Page

This was not directed towards you, though I am surprised a former ALJ cannot clearly see 97.1 and it's obvious intreptetation. It's sad you didn't stick to Engineering.
    There's a certain CAI clown that writes whitepapers amongst us. Most distasteful indeed!

YOU have a home station, right? Because it's okay for you...

73 DE W8LV Bill

Last edited: Dec 27, 2018
  13. W8LV

W8LV Ham Member QRZ Page

Well... That's good News then, right? So you are going to disassemble your home station then and just operate portable and mobile then since you have no actual need and just WANT to ragchew from home! And what about the change? Will they still be minting the pennies? Do keep your car window open a crack when you operate. And Please tell us that it isn't so: That you are NOT planning to persue being an Administrative Law Judge as part of any future career plans!

73 DE W8LV Bill

14. W8LV

W8LV Ham Member QRZ Page

Having never viewed a football game in my life, ever, aside from when they run over and interrupt "60 Minutes", and then having no idea of what they are talking about, you have me at a loss here.

Hockey is Man's Sport.

Maybe that's like an Empty Net?

What are you going to do when we will finally preempt HOA's and CC&R's as is going to happen sooner or later?

73 DE W8LV Bill

Last edited: Dec 27, 2018
  15. KN6SD

KN6SD Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Hey you, get it right.. His name is Bryan, not Brian :rolleyes:

W8LV likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.