ad: ProAudio-1

FCC ISSUES $18,000 NAL TO KC5CSG

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by AA7BQ, Jul 26, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. N5PZJ

N5PZJ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Behind the scenes with OO furnishing secondary ammo to the FCC.

The league pushed this item more than you know.

Martin N5PZJ Galliano, LOUISIANA

W0FS, KU4X and W1YW like this.
  2. N5PZJ

N5PZJ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Should have been (at that time) a RS 14:103 Distrubing the Peace complaint filed with Justice Of the Peace or DAs Office.

W1YW likes this.
  3. K4KWH

K4KWH Ham Member QRZ Page

When I read these notices, It baffles me as to what people get out of doing this. I remember when some of us, including me, were monitoring truckers on 10 meters and reporting their activities to Riley H, the minions that frequented the CB forums seemed to feel that they had a "right" to "them channels", "nobody wuz usin' 'em nohow", "we don't need no lizennzze to tawk on them channels". or, "they cain't 'ketch' me cuz ah'm too smart, and they can't track a mobile...blah, blah, blah". We have hams that seem to think they are somehow too BIG and BAD for anybody to mess wid 'em, too.

When I was a child, I thot the adults were just that: adults. They were serious, and to be emulated. Such shenanigans simply disgust me, and baffle me. Last Saturday night on 75M was another example of random music, noises, woodpecker sounds, raspberries.:mad: Yuck!:(

N8VIL, W9FL and N5PZJ like this.
  4. KC8YXA

KC8YXA Ham Member QRZ Page

They Fine him 18 grand but did not take the radios? Or will this take place later? Or did I miss something?

5. KK5JY

KK5JY Ham Member QRZ Page

The FCC has the option, but not the obligation, to make equipment part of the forfeiture order. It's easier to just do a cash forfeiture, because the U$G can snarf that cash out of his bank account if all else fails. Taking equipment means entering a residence and seizing it, possibly without the consent of the resident(s), which likely means marshals, guns, battering rams, etc. Taking (or garnishing) the cash is a much cleaner option for PR purposes.

And if they take enough cash, the alleged offender will likely end up selling his radios, anyway.

N2EY likes this.
  6. KC8VWM

KC8VWM Ham Member QRZ Page

Let's just say the ARRL doesn't showcase all the dirty laundry for public display.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2018
    W0FS, N2EY and N5PZJ like this.
  7. WG3U

WG3U Ham Member QRZ Page

KC5CSG was warned last year on 14.313 for interference. He has also been harrassing CB ops for years on 38lsb as the "Blue Waffle" There are hundreds of videos on youtube of people recording him using ham radio calls on cb and free band.

W0FS and N5PZJ like this.
  8. NE2X

NE2X Ham Member QRZ Page

This "Ham" is a ScumBag.....

9. N0EE

N0EE Ham Member QRZ Page

A fine of that magnitude should be accompanied with an immediate and permanent license revocation.

W0FS likes this.
  10. K4KWH

K4KWH Ham Member QRZ Page

Two questions: 1) will he PAY it? 2) Will it stop him? :confused:

11. N2EY

N2EY Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

What does it take?

Uh-huh.

Just what, exactly, would you do, Chip?

12. N2EY

And yet people wonder why so many hams take a dim view of 11 meter users.....

It should be remembered that there is no mental health requirement for a license, nor to buy a radio (nor a lot of more-dangerous things). Take a look at some dash-cam videos on youtube, and see how crazily some licensed drivers behave driving vehicles they own worth tens of thousands of dollars.

And sometimes they get instant karma:

Most adults, then and now, are adults - mature and responsible. It's the few who make the headlines, though. As a child, you didn't get to see the badly behaving adults - the drunk drivers, for example. But they existed.

13. N2EY

Should be....but it's not that simple.

Every accused person is entitled to their day in court. That's a basic right of any civilized society, no matter the evidence. Innocent until PROVEN guilty and all that.

That's why the NAL is worded the way it is, with all the apparentlys and such.

W0FS likes this.
  14. K0DD

K0DD Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Nope. Both sides of this thing are going to continue to escalate this situation needlessly until something REALLY REALLY BAD happens. "Spin the dial guys before it's too late."

Erika DD

15. W8QZ

W8QZ Ham Member QRZ Page

W0FS likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.