ad: ProAudio-1

ARLB011 Amateur Radio Parity Act Language Inserted in National Defense Authorization Act

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by N9PBD, May 11, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. KC8VWM

KC8VWM Ham Member QRZ Page

I used to live in Ohio too. That might explain the 8 call I have...lol

I think you will really enjoy it there. Lots of things to do in Toronto. Take a trip to the Ontario Science Center while you're there. If you're a science geek like me, you'll really enjoy that.

N5PZJ likes this.
  2. KC8VWM

I went to School in Ajax and if you ever go to Montreal, the people there will expect you to speak French even if they understand English perfectly. Or at least make an attempt to speak it anyways. Traffic is crazy there. Worse drivers than Atlanta...haha

N5PZJ likes this.
  3. W8LV

W8LV Ham Member QRZ Page

It's a Small World... as we Hams all know. I just hope the three of us won't get the late night "knock on the door" living as we do under the Trump Regime for discussing our Canadian Ties. In a Public Forum...

Hey... speaking of which... will TIES if they are brought in FROM Canada have an Import Tax? And can they be paid for with Canadian Tyre money, or just Greenbacks? And will Wide Lapel ties have a higher tax than narrow lapel ties?

73 and All the Best!
    (Ad Mare Ad Mare)
    DE W8LV Bill

Last edited: Jun 4, 2018
    N5PZJ and KC8VWM like this.
  4. KC8VWM

I think we're all Canadians at heart eh?

W8LV and N5PZJ like this.
  5. N5PZJ

N5PZJ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

When my mother died when I was a small boy I was sent to my Canadian cousins to live and stayed up there for several years my aunt and Uncle adopted me And then has given me the gift of dual citizenship which every time I pull up to the Canadian customs both me and my kids love to whip out our Canadian passports and have to explain why Their Acadian mother Who is still technically in exile from Canada doesn’t have a Canadian passport LOL. My aunt wanted me to move up there when I retired but I like living in the tropics if I have to go live in a Commonwealth country give me a nice tropical Caribbean island, With an exotic ham call and the liquor store that delivers! And who’s money has the Queen’s picture and spends most readily!

6. W8LV

W8LV Ham Member QRZ Page

I heard it went out, or now they make Brooks Ketchup...yep... the Tomato Capital of Canada...just twelve short miles away from Sandusky, Ohio... and a Bench Warrant for an especially dangerous Criminal... a... Chiropractor! That was over fifty years ago now!

KC8VWM and N5PZJ like this.
  7. N5PZJ

N5PZJ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Don’t tell anyone but I listen to CBC 6050 on the shortwave radio direct from Toronto, here in Louisiana We get Montreal TV but we’re very scared that Trump is going to find out that those Acadians who are called Cajun’s down here or in exile from Canada and need to be shipped back immediately! We’re expecting any day for ICE to knock on our door, Get those French speakers out of the country ASAP.

KC8VWM likes this.
  8. W8LV

W8LV Ham Member QRZ Page

We usually spend time off of Spadina Road: Koreatown near Mirvish Village (And may Honest Ed Rest in Peace.)

KC8VWM likes this.
  9. KC8VWM

Neat story. I didn't know you were a "dually" like me. It's interesting to find what people have in common in this small world. Yeah, the weather is definitely warmer here and I got tired of shoveling my driveway but the weather is nice there too but just for not as long. "Summer" is just a few months out of the year there but it's really nice when it is....

This is a photo I took from my canoe trip during the summer near Ottawa...

Ottawa-Can.jpg

10. KC8VWM

Honest Ed huh? You really do know a lot about T-O Town. :)

Don't forget Sam the Record Man.. Another Toronto Icon. lol

Looking N-E Toronto.jpg

11. W8LV

W8LV Ham Member QRZ Page

I get CFRB 1010 down here South of Columbus...and at Sandusky, we can get CHYR FM I think its either Chatam or Leamington...
    We ALWAYS pull the blinds down and sit up real close with the volume low, so we can switch it off quick if any vans with loops come down the street. And we never drink any Tim Hortons in Pubic... a Double Double might mean Double Trouble with Trump's Tonton Macoutes!

Being shipped to Cape Brenton wouldnt be the Worst Thing now, would it? Oh yea... I forgot about... WINTER!

KC8VWM likes this.
  12. W8LV

W8LV Ham Member QRZ Page

Trump would find this No Doubt Especially Threatening... ANOTHER LANGUAGE BESIDES SPANISH TO WORRY ABOUT!

KC8VWM likes this.
  13. KC8VWM

LOL I have some relatives in Cape Breton. One is a ham.

They have Tim Hortons in Ohio. That was kind of surprising to me. I used to live in Hilliard, Ohio (in an HOA) and I remember I could hear 1010 CFRB and 1050 Chum too.

I also talked to stations in Toronto on 2m VHF SSB pretty frequently with my "TV antenna."

MVC-010F.jpg

Bryan, the red car on the left is a 68 GTO...:)

Last edited: Jun 4, 2018
  14. W8LV

W8LV Ham Member QRZ Page

And then there was Mayor Crackhead! ;-)

But T O Rocks. Even if the Torontonians don't think so...

KC8VWM likes this.
  15. W8LV

W8LV Ham Member QRZ Page

Yep...I work in Columbus (OSU Ross Heart Hospital) But Timmies in the US pretty much Sucks... actually...TODAY I went to the one on Olentangy by OSU after a haed days work...and they NEVER have Kraft Dinner. Why? Is this difficult or something?

Hilliard, a victim of it's own success... now too crowded, and taxes up the Wazoo!

And you can't find Poutine anywhere...they have NO IDEA what it is.
    We need a Harvey's.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.