ad: TinyPaddle-1

Canada issues its first Developmental License VX9GHD on the 5 meg, 60 meter Band

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by VE3FI, Apr 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
  1. VE3RHE

VE3RHE Ham Member QRZ Page

I sent my application in by fax last week and haven't heard back yet. The instructions I received from IC indicated a possible seven week delay.

Robert

2. VE2WFN

VE2WFN Ham Member QRZ Page

Robert, your Regional Office is very slow :(
    I send my application by email and my #cc by phone, same day earlier afternoon, I received my confirmation with my new callsign VX9GHP
    And at midnight, I was in the DB of Spectrum Direct website of the IC.

I probably got lucky, the IC agent was not too busy

good link for the 60m Band info here

73' Yannick VE2WFN // VX9GHP

Last edited: Apr 19, 2012
  3. VE3RHE

Thanks Yannick. I emailed the Regional Office today as it's been two weeks but I didn't hear back. Maybe I'll hear some news tomorrow.

Congratulations on the VX9 callsign.

73, Robert
    VE3RHE

4. VE3ES

VE3ES Ham Member QRZ Page

We'll see how efficient the government is now that Harper has taken 20k jobs out of the system. I e-mail'd my application on the 11th. The clock is ticking.... : ) VE3ES

Last edited: May 12, 2012
  5. VE3PP

VE3PP XML Subscriber QRZ Page

20,000 employees have not walked out of the doors just yet. Those jobs will be eliminated over a 3-4 year period.

I am not paying $60 for the license, I will wait and see if the band opens up for us. I really have to wonder why this "Experimental License" even needs to be issued?

With the U.S. & UK active on that band I really don't see the reason for Canadians to have to go through this experimental stage. What's there to experiment with? Put up a dipole and operate on the band.

Personally I feel this is an IC Money grab.

6. VE3RHE

My developmental license was granted yesterday...it's VX9OKA; it will match my VE3OKA callsign.

73, Robert

7. VE3TLT

VE3TLT Ham Member QRZ Page

Good show , your one lucky guy... Waiting for licence as we speak. It should be here this week

I hope the propagation cleans up, 60 meters has been noisy here for the last two weeks ?

Ve3tlt Trevor

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.