ad: Radclub22-1

10 mtrs open

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KQ4FM, Oct 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
  1. KG4FET

KG4FET Ham Member QRZ Page

GM Frank,

Where have you been? It's been open for 2 weeks. Working EU in the mornings and South Pacific stations every evening. It has been rumored that T32C had been in the FM portion of the band. I have worked them in the Tech sub band. All of this from just a little south of you in Kaufman.
    73 es ENJOY!
    DE KG4FET Sandor

2. W5GGH

W5GGH Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

10m and 12m have been open for the last month or so and have only continued to improve as time goes on, surprised to see so many on 10m, hard to believe there is anyone unaware, been having a blast myself.

3. KB9BIT

KB9BIT Ham Member QRZ Page

I've gotten three all time new ones that were highly sought after here on ten in the past three nights (Easy Malaysia, Hong Kong and China) w/100w and dipole. I'm going to have to get some kind of beam (Hexbeam most likely) up for the remainder of the solar cycle so I can get alot more of the East Asia and Southern Asia countries that I need. Fun, fun, fun!

4. W2OT

W2OT Ham Member QRZ Page

From W2OT ( NJ) USA 10 meters conditions are good to EU to OH, LZ, SP , I was also lucky to Hear John HK3OZ 5/9
    with just 100 watts and a wire 60 feet 4 feet off the ground. 73 all -.-

5. N9BBE

N9BBE Ham Member QRZ Page

YEA...the 80's were good times on the high bands. Remember coming home from work and 10 would be filled with JA's, VK's and ZL's. DXing was very different then, no clusters, no internet. Hunting DX by turning the big knob on the receiver and hoping to run across a new one. It's very nice to hear signals from the across the Pacific and into EU again on 28 and 29mhz. I've once again find myself thinking about getting home from work and immediately turning the radio on (much to the dismay of the wife) but with the knowledge of who's on and where they're at. I've been enjoying PSK for about 5 years now and just last night I had my first ZL PSK contact do to the nice 10mtr opening. Those first ones are always the best...

6. W6OM

W6OM Ham Member QRZ Page

Yep, 10 AM has been open to the world for the last month. With a simple old Viking II and small beam I have works numerous AM stations in Europe, Latin America, Asia and of course many great AM operators around the USA. It's truly like it was when we were little kids with our home brew 50 watt AM rigs and dipoles, the world is at your finger tips.

I only have two rocks for 10 AM (29.000 & 29.040) and tend to hang out on 040 most days.

Give me a call sometime

Ron W6OM

7. VA2SFN

VA2SFN Ham Member QRZ Page

Yes, 10m has been opened for a month now. Throughout this month I've worked many european contries and even japan from the mobile with only 25w and a very cheap magnet mount antenna! this band is really amazing.

8. KE7JFA

KE7JFA Ham Member QRZ Page

10 Meters? Thought it was 10 Meter.

9. N1KAM

N1KAM QRZ Member QRZ Page

Within 1 hour, worked St. Helena and New Zealand (my qth is Florida). I'm a new ham and I'm flat-out amazed
    at this band.

10. VA2IG

VA2IG Ham Member QRZ Page

its been a long time !!but the sigs are pretty instables sometimes !from 1978 untill 1984 band was widely open to asia in fn36ri (grid)but now not yet !! but its a pretty good start !!:cool:

11. W5TXR

W5TXR XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I would like reports on my beacon. 28.260.8 Located in Schertz, TX 15 watts Vert.
    report to beacon@w5txr.net

12. KC7YE

KC7YE Ham Member QRZ Page

Well! heard via grape vine 10 was alive. Been condemned to a condo last few years. Found some white #22 stranded, cut a inverted V for CW, taped inside to north wall/windows on 4th floor. Fired up 35 year old TS 430 Loads good, call HL2DC get a 569. Feel like I'm OK again. Still have wire left, may 15 & 20 next. Gray line starting here in WWA, gotta go.
    73 KC7YE

13. AE7F

AE7F Ham Member QRZ Page

Well, I've worked some good 10m lately but probably can't be around the radio at the best times. What advice could you guys give me so that I can dial up some 10m dx on my 10m 3el yagi?

What time of day is best? Morning and evening? Weekends are the only time I can try during mid day.

14. K9ASE

K9ASE XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Right now it doesn't seem to matter much. I was up at 5:30am CST the other day and europe was on. I've noticed the band goes through a couple cycles during the day from here. in the morning until about 1pm it seems like Europe and Africa are the strongest then as the afternoon progresses it's South America and the west coast. finally Asia and Oceania become really workable from 5pm till shortly after sundown. If you can aim your beam you're better off than my vertical.

15. WK5X

WK5X Guest

If I were you, I'd aim your beam both due north, and due south during the time shortly after sunrise, and just before sunset and into the first hour of darkness. The rest of the daylight hours, I'd aim it northeast to start, and swing it south and west as the day progresses. But be sure to check the long paths.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.