ad: elecraft

SPECIAL CW SKILLS ENHANCEMENT

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by K0CS, Oct 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. K0CS

K0CS Ham Member QRZ Page

Success Easy has just converted all their CW training CDs to MP3 downloads. To celebrate, they are offering 25% off during the rest of October. All the CDs were produced by Peter O'Dell, WB2D, who is a professional hypnotist and trainer. It is a fast, fun way to boost your CW speed, and this way you do not have to pay any S/H charges and you get 25% off. The link is http://www.success-is-easy.com/HamDownLoads.htm and the coupon code is OctoberFest. --K0CS

2. KC0W

KC0W Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

So I go's to the above mentioned site to find out how I too can be "hipmotized" (sp) into learning CW. Now I'm expecting a few audio examples of a guy saying, "follow the swing pocket watch as you begin to feel very sleepy"...........After all, for either $18 or $30 (depending on the course you choose) there SHOULD be some free audio clips in order to find out what you are getting for your money, right?

It's NOTHING but a Paypal screen asking which package you wanna choose. :)

Since they also market weight loss "hipmotazation" courses, I guess quite a few amateurs could use this service judging by the people I have seen at many Hamfests.........."I'll take a tripple cheese burger, heavy mayo, and a glass of egg nog", type of amateurs.

I learned CW on the air many years ago without $18 or $30 "stop smoking now" self "hipnazation" tapes/CD's. There are also a ton of FREE sites on the Internet in which to practice your CW training.

Tom KCØW

3. WB4DAD

WB4DAD Ham Member QRZ Page

Amen ,Tom

That certainly tells it as it is. I learned the same way.

Skip, WB4DAD

4. N8NOE

N8NOE Ham Member QRZ Page

(snip)........."I'll take a tripple cheese burger, heavy mayo, and a glass of egg nog", type of amateurs.

I learned CW on the air many years ago without $18 or $30 "stop smoking now" self "hipnazation" tapes/CD's. There are also a ton of FREE sites on the Internet in which to practice your CW training.

Tom KCØW[/QUOTE]

I Like mine with Lettuce and Tomato, Heinz 57 and French fried Potatoes, Big Kosher Pickle and a Cold Draught Beer (Lone Star)...... What way do I Steer?

*** Sorry Had To do it... ***

5. K1LWI

K1LWI Ham Member QRZ Page

I LEARN CW WHEN I WAS 9 YEARS OLD FROM MY SISTER BOY FRIEND JUST GOT OF ARMY HE WAS ARMY RADIO OPR AT THAT TIME ARMY WAS ALL CW/FM 1949 WHEN I WAS 10 YRS OLD MY SPEED WAS :)
    K1LWI WEN

6. K1LWI

K1LWI Ham Member QRZ Page

I LEARN CW WHEN I WAS 9 YEARS OLD FROM MY SISTER BOY FRIEND JUST GOT OUT OF THE ARMY HE WAS ARMY RADIO OPR AT THAT TIME ARMY WAS ALL CW/FM 1949 WHEN I WAS 10 YRS OLD MY SPEED WAS 25 WPM :)
    K1LWI WEN

7. KK5R

KK5R Ham Member QRZ Page

Don't knock it...

Don't knock it. This course is for those who want to work code in their sleep.
    :)

8. KB5SXC

KB5SXC Ham Member QRZ Page

Negative to Positive makes a circuit

Any method that might encourage another to learn code, IMHO should be praised. It don't matter if there is a fee or if it is for free!

I realize that on these Ham sites I am surrounded by "Giants of Genius" who have helped Thousands to learn Code. But ya know, when I asked over the years never ran into the guy who happen to have the time.

I'm no great Fist, kinda QLF lately trying out the Palm Paddles (they are kinda small and light) but once again any method, should be praised. It might be just the thing some Ham's XYL might think of that would get her involved, then He could buy more equipment, and not be complained to about that new Tower He wants.

This presentation might be the thing, that gets the Grandson involved, The Neat Factor, is often overlooked when involving Kids.

Sorry to Rant on this, but every bit of encouragement to People involved in the Business side of Ham, even if we don't appreciate their Product. It might be the Product that moves someone to like Ham Radio.

9. KC0W

KC0W Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I like that, I like that a lot. :)

Tom KC0W

10. KN4SA

KN4SA Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

get on the air

Hey OM, congrats on passing the 5wpm. Remember there is someone at YOUR speed waiting for you to call CQ. Get on the air. That's where you will get proficient. Good luck es 73! Loy

11. KD7MSC

KD7MSC Ham Member QRZ Page

Hey I work code in my sleep all the time. Usually during the late night shift on 80 or 160 CQWW.

I like Morse Runner to brush up on CW.

12. KC9EOQ

KC9EOQ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I went to the link for the site and it looked very well done to me. There was a detailed, and properly spelled, explanation of each package and what it hopes to accomplish. I don't know where you see all those spelling errors, unless they are yours. For some people who want to quit smoking or lose weight, this works for them. Why your knocking this so much is the question. Who cares how one learns code just as long as they learn it.

Dean, KC9EOQ

13. WA4OTD

WA4OTD XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I didn't think commercial posts were allowed on this forum? MODS?

I'm getting very sleepy....

14. K7MH

K7MH XML Subscriber QRZ Page

You're getting sleeeepy...very very sleeeeepy....

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...drool....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

15. CT1JSP

CT1JSP Ham Member QRZ Page

hi there. Is there any site where we can get this so call cw for free and start learning?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.