ad: AbAuRe-1

13 Colonies Special Event 30 JUNE - 5 JULY, 2015

Discussion in 'Contests, DXpeditions, QSO Parties, Special Events' started by KG4RUL, Jun 29, 2015.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
  1. KG4RUL

KG4RUL Ham Member QRZ Page

13 Colonies Special Event
    INDEPENDENCE WEEK
    30 JUNE - 5 JULY, 2015

CT-DE-GA-MA-MD-NC-NH-NJ-NY-PA-RI-SC-VA
    2014 QSO Count!

The theme for 2015 is "Founders and Patriots of the Republic". The certificate is printed on heavy
    card stock. Stations working one state or, as many as all 13, are eligible for the certificate. A
    "Clean Sweep" indicator will be affixed, for those lucky enough to "Q" all 13. A special endorsement
    will be attached for stations contacting our sister operation, WM3PEN, in Philadelphia, PA.

Additionally U.S. Military Veterans, American Legion and NRA members will receive a special
    endorsement (please indicate on your log form).

EVENT TIMES
    The colony stations will operate from Tuesday, June 30, 9:00 AM Eastern (1300 UTC) until Sunday
    Night, July 5th, 00:00 (Midnight) Eastern (0400 UTC July 6th).

FOR 2015
    The 13 Colonies will have TWO sister events: Our old friends WM3PEN will participate from
    Philadelphia, PA, where independence was declared.

The 13 Colonies certificate have a Liberty Bell added for a contact with WM3PEN.

WM3PEN will be on D-STAR each evening from 7-11 PM Eastern Time.

GB13COL will operate from Durham, England.

SATELLITE STATIONS
    We currently have only one satellite operator, from Maryland, this year. Please check the
    website for additional stations.

The 13 Colonies Special Event is a not for profit event. All donations are used to fund the next years
    event, and to defray any expenses occured. All donations are used for operating costs, supplies,
    equipment, and 13 Colony Group initiatives. Donation is voluntary.

QRP Operation
    The 13 Colonies Special Event enlisted one dedicated SSB/CW QRP operator for each state for the
    2014 event and beyond. No special station requirements, except the operator must be a General class or
    higher. This will be a QRP to QRP operation only.

We want to give the low power QRP station a chance to get a 13 Colony States "Clean Sweep" endorsement on
    your certificate. We know the thrill of a QRP station breaking a pile up, but with 200+ QRO/and
    higher stations in a pile up, well, most of the times +/-5 watts just won't work.

If interested, contact KU2US via email. I am listed at QRZ. You must be located in one of the Colony
    States. NOTE: New York's QRP position is filled.

Go To: http://www.13colonies.info/ for futher information

The 13 Colonies Special Event is a not for profit event. All donations are used to fund the next years
    event, and to defray any expenses occured. All donations are used for operating costs, supplies,
    equipment, and 13 Colony Group initiatives. Donation is voluntary.

2. K2HAT

K2HAT Premium Subscriber Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper QRZ Page

Looking forward to this Fun Special Event.

A Big Thank You to all who help with the Stations putting different States on the Air.

:)

73 K2HAT

3. KK4PUX

KK4PUX Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

there on the air aready got 6 out of the group on 40 meter in the first 30 min good luck to all

4. KC4SD

KC4SD Ham Member QRZ Page

Sure could use a Delaware on CW.

5. WA6MHZ

WA6MHZ Ham Member QRZ Page

GB13COL almost impossible to work from CA!
    WM3PEN not seeming any easier!! Someone in the PHILLY area must have a KILOWATT and a beam!

6. WA6MHZ

WM3PEN just worked at 0200Z on 20M! GB13COL on 14290 but no copy in SoCal!!!

7. K4ISR

K4ISR Ham Member QRZ Page

I didn't even know about this until I was spinning the dial this afternoon and heard the first one (daytime 20m voice)... worked 4 within half hour in first run, then later when more got on, I logged 3 more in 20 minutes. 6 more to go although I suspect Georgia will be the difficult one for me since I am so close.

Looks like a fun event.

8. KL5AJK

KL5AJK Ham Member QRZ Page

When ops use their beams and call by the region numbers, please can you call for Alaska and Hawaii stations as a separate call so we can have a chance? Alaska is no longer just KL7's we have many other numbers in our calls. Propagation makes it hard to hit some of these states along with the time zones being 4 or more hours different. But when you call by regions and turn your beams it is just so much more frustrating and the dog piles are tougher to break. Just something to consider when calling by the numbers. Thank you, Love the contest!

9. AD0MI

AD0MI Ham Member QRZ Page

GB13COL is a total no copy here in MN, I guess they are running QRP?

10. K2HAT

No, the propagation was horrible.

Even to the east coast. I had a difficult time working them; usually England is much easier.

By the way Great Britain is limited to 400 watts, and that is what they were running.

Once again Many Thanks to all the people and stations who helped
    to put the 13 Colonies Special Event on the air.

73 K2HAT

11. WA6MHZ

I got lucky and nailed the GB13 on LONG PATH!

12. K2HAT

My 13 Colonies Certificate arrived today. Thank You to every person involved with this extra Special Event. Your hard work and patience and enthusiasm makes this for me a very fun event every year. Best 73 K2HAT

[​IMG]

13. WA6MHZ

Wow, LEE!!! that was LIGHTNING FAST!!! I didn't expect to see them for a couple of months!!!

14. W0OGM

W0OGM Ham Member QRZ Page

How many of the 13 do you need to qualify for a certificate?

Gary W0OGM

15. K4DBO

K4DBO Ham Member QRZ Page

Oh wow! That WAS quick!! Hoping mine comes soon but like PP not expecting for a while along with QSL cards.