ad: M2Ant-1

New MDSR Version 2.51 released – includes AM, DRM (Dream) and FLDigi for digital form

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by VE7DXW, Feb 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
  1. VE7DXW

VE7DXW Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi Everybody;

The MDSR group has released version 2.51 of the popular 12kHz IF modulator and demodulator software. The new software includes now AM (synchronous detector), DRM (Dream) and digital modes provided by FLDigi, which also includes a logging data base. This makes the MDSR the most versatile IF modulation and de-modulation package which can be used for free as long as it is used for amateur radio use.</SPAN></SPAN>

Please download the latest MDSR software from this link, size: 12MBytes</SPAN>

http://www3.telus.net/public/bc237/MDSR/MDSR-Win32-SetupV2-51.exe</SPAN>

Installation, setup and tuning instructions can be found here:</SPAN>
    http://www3.telus.net/public/bc237/MDSR/Overview%20Document%20How%20to%20build%2\
    0and%20set%20up%20the%20LIF%20-%20MDSR.pdf</SPAN>
    </SPAN>

Please check out or Yahoo user group: </SPAN>http://groups.yahoo.com/group/mdsradio/</SPAN></SPAN>

Or our wwebiste at: </SPAN>http://users.skynet.be/myspace/mdsr</SPAN></SPAN>

All the best:

The MDSR Team

PS: comments are always welcome!</SPAN></SPAN>

2. K2NCC

K2NCC Ham Member QRZ Page

It didn't take long to realize it's not for me. Not sure it would work with my rig and anything that requires me to compile goes in the "later" pile anyway. All those FT and IC numbers and "any 455kHz IF transceiver in transponder mode and a computer interface" from the Yahoo group should have warned me not to try. Plus all the other apps it requires to work.... I installed it, but didn't get far. 8/

Last edited: Feb 23, 2013
  3. VE7DXW

Hi Frank;

As I can see you are using Power SDR which is a very nice program if you can afford the hardware. The fact is that Flex radio started to charge for part of it. This is quite disturbing because it was made up by countless volunteers and now Flex is acting like they own Power SDR.

It looks like to me you did not even try to make it work and that the success of MDSR scares you! And now you discourage other users from trying it!</SPAN>

You should be ashamed of yourself! This is HAM radio and experimenting is a big part of this hobby. Do not discourage that process by forcing your opinion on others.

All the best;

The MDSR Team</SPAN>

4. K2NCC

Sorry. Was just telling you how I thought, not trying to insult. I said it's not for me, and now I'm sure.

5. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

Nice software Alex.

Keep up the good work.

6. VE4SW

VE4SW Ham Member QRZ Page

"You should be ashamed of yourself! This is HAM radio and experimenting is a big part of this hobby. Do not discourage that process by forcing your opinion on others."

Why don't you tell us what you are really thinking! Having a bad day or what is wrong with you "MDSR" team folks?

Stefan, VE4NSA

7. VE7DXW

All we ask is an open mind and we know there are always something that can be improved upon. But to just post an uneducated opinion here does not help anybody.
    We are an open group and if someone does not like the way we do things they are welcome to join and help out.
    We sure could need the help;

Alex
    VE7DXW

8. W8LGZ

W8LGZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Let's see, you ask for comments on your product; someone posts something that isn't singing the praises of your product, you get your knickers in a knot. While your product may or may not be worthy, sorry, I'll pass on your product (because of the attitude) and stick with my Flex. Oh, by the way, Power SDR is completely FREE, and, experimentation with it is welcomed and encouraged by Flex.

Jim, W8LGZ

Last edited: Feb 25, 2013
  9. VE7DXW

We do not have a problem if someone makes constructive comments, but to just put something down just because is not called for.
    By the way: The MDSR is not a product, it is a research tool and lots of HAMs have contributed to it.

It is funny that you are complaining about my attitude and this just shows that because you can afford a FLEX radio you are better than the rest of the HAM community. And at the same time you create the believe that FLEX and Power SDR is the only way to go.
    When some one else comes along and makes SDR accessible to everybody, even people with low budget you get threatened in your superiority complex and you feel the need to put everybody down.

That is not right!

Alex</SPAN>

10. K2NCC

Alex, right from the beginning you've picked on Flexradio/PSDR users. You are the one that brought up PSDR. I never made the comparison, yet you couldn't wait to say something about it. Completely off topic.

Then you come back with silliness such as "uneducated opinion", "the success of MDSR scares you" (lol! your success or failure has zero impact on my life, so why you'd say that I have no idea.), "should be ashamed of yourself" for "forcing your opinion on others". You obviously have a bug up your ass about Flex/PSDR. Your best competitor, so I can see why you'd talk it down, but it's unprofessional.

I don't want to take the time to compile, build a kit, add more wires, etc. just to discover MDSR doesn't offer me any more than I have. I love trying out new software, but it has to fit in my existing system. Which most programs do. I still don't know if your product works with a Flexradio or not. I think not. You're too busy bitching to actually address any issue I had.

Sorry you didn't find my comments "constructive". Neither are your comments to those that you think are "better than the rest of the HAM community" just because they own a Flex.

It took me years to save up and sacrifice other things I wanted in life to get one. Because it IS the best. Methinks you are the one that's scared.

Besides, why do this:
    BiLIF_connection_diagram2.jpg

When this is better?
    flexradioconnectpc.jpg

Last edited: Feb 25, 2013
  11. VE7DXW

Thank you for bringing it up: The LIF kit costs $30 pus shipping or can be even built by HAMs themselfes.....how much is a Flex radio? You paid too much!!

Rest my case;

Alex

12. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

Flex radio is better for appliance operators, but at a price.

MDSR is another option for some people, but not all.

Same goes for Flex radio.

Why the pissing match ?

13. N8MSA

N8MSA Ham Member QRZ Page

Indeed...this isn't the way to promote a project.

14. VE7DXW

I totally agree with what Michael and KA9JLM are saying and if I was to hard on Frank I appologize.

Alex
    VE7DXW

15. VE7DXW

Thanks Don

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.