Originally Posted by W3MCD
I have the TH-D7A that I use for APRS, and it works great along with the Byonics GPS-2 for mobile use. Here are a few things to check:
- In order for APRS to work, you need to have one of your bands (A or B, doesn't matter which) set at your DATA band. This will be the band you set to 144.390. Menu 1-4-1 enables you to change which band is your data band. Once you have made your selection, a "D" will appear to the right of the freq. in the band you have just selected.
- I would set your path to WIDE1-1,WIDE2-2 - NO spaces.
- Make sure your UNPROTOCOL (2-A) is set to APK001 - default.
- Make sure the TNC is turned on. DO NOT switch the TNC to packet mode for APRS. You would see "PACKET" next to the TNC symbol. If this is on, press the "TNC" button until "PACKET" disappears.
- Make sure that the full duplex fature is not on. If it is, you will see a "DUP" symbol near the upper right hand corner of the display. To turn it off, press the "DUP" button on the keypad (right under the "LIST" button).
- Make sure menu 2-9 is set to "AUTO." This will beacon the radio based upon your settings in menu 2-7 in addition to beaconing as soon as you press the "BCON" button. If menu 2-9 is set to PTT, the radio will only beacon when you press the "PTT," and the "BCON" symbol in the upper right hand corner of the display will blink. If it is set to "MANUAL," the radio will only beacon when you press the "BCON" button, and the "BCON" symbol in the upper right hand corner of the display will not come on.
[COLOR=#800000][B][FONT=verdana]Zachary N. Beougher[/FONT][/B][/COLOR]
[CENTER][FONT=verdana][SIZE=2][B][I][SIZE=1]16[/SIZE][/I][/B][I][B]"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. [SIZE=1]17[/SIZE]For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him."[/B][/I][/SIZE]