ad: M2Ant-1

ZW8SM and ZY8P Lighthouse activations 25-27 February and 28/Feb to 05/Mar

Discussion in 'Contests, DXpeditions, QSO Parties, Special Events' started by K7FE/SK2017, Feb 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
  1. K7FE/SK2017

K7FE/SK2017 QRZ Lifetime Member #1 Platinum Subscriber Life Member

Hello Friends,

I hope you are very well and I apologize for my disappearance from the radio and even the Internet.
    For various reasons, over the last six months I was 5 months out of Brasilia and did not have time for things radio.
    But now I'm back home and getting ready for the South America Lighthouses Weekend, which will happen on the last weekend of February (25-27 February).

Because the event is very close, I had to choose a place with infrastructure and I decided to return to the São Luis Island, IOTA SA-016, where I've been in 2009, but now I will turn the Ponta de São Marcos Lighthouse, located about 15 km southwest of the Araçagy Lighthouse, where had the surgery in 2009. The São Luis island is just over 1500 km from Brasilia, where I live.
    The Ponta de São Marcos Lighthouse has code ARLHS BRA-191 and is valid for the Brazilians Lighthouses Award with code DFB MA-08. I'm still waiting for the code WLOTA.

I will use the callsign ZW8SM and operate in voice, preferably in the bands 40, 20, 17, 15 and 10 m. I'm alone on this operation, but I'm trying to get the company of a colleague of São Luis

To enjoy the journey, after operation in Ponta de São Marcos Lighthouse I'll activate the Preguiças Lighthouse, in the Lençois Maranhenses region, about 300 km from Sao Luis. The first part with 260 km to the city of Barreirinhas (4 hours by bus) and the second part with nearly 40km to Mandacaru (a small ville), done in 90 minutes by speed boat in Preguiças River.
    In this operation I will use the callsign ZY8P. The operation will be the period until 28/feb to 05/mar.
    I still do not know the hours that will operate because the electricity in the region is not available 24 hours a day.
    For both operations the QSL manager is:

PT2OP
    Orlando Perez Filho
    SHIGS 706, bloco L, casa 22 – Asa Sul
    70350-762 Brasília - DF
    BRAZIL

Hope to QSO with you

Orlando .·.
    PT2OP also PY2TJ

Posted for PT2OP

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.