ad: w5yi

ZS8Z Marion island

Discussion in 'The DX Zone' started by NZ5F, May 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: L-Geochron
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: l-BCInc
  1. K7GQ

K7GQ Subscriber QRZ Page

ZS8Z is on 14.165 right now with a decent signal. The Op does not do CW ...

2. N0UN

N0UN XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Z81X, not ZS8X

You fell for one of several "bad spots" and worked Z81X, not ZS8X. Many people think they worked ZS8X but didn't. There is no ZS8X and if you look at the time you worked Z81X, it was probably on May 5th/20 Meters. Heads-up. :eek:

3. N0UN

N0UN XML Subscriber QRZ Page

ZS8Z

Pierre, ZS8Z's QSL Manager (and past ZS8M operator) had this to say in an e-mail to me yesterday:

[FONT=&amp]"David has been up sporadically, but the ship has departed for Cape Town so they are now alone"[/FONT].

[FONT=&amp]"He might be busy elsewhere busy with certain technical matters. The early days are usually the busiest as the team is busy finding their feet. [/FONT][FONT=&amp]David also needs to sort out the satellite system, so we can expect the system to be down for a short while certain upgrades take place as well. [/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Other than that, expect a massive effort from David and Carson (ZS8C) once they get past the first few days / early weeks".[/FONT]

I was luck enough to work them this morning on 20M longpath. Hope this info helps you, good luck. :eek:

4. N5AQ

N5AQ Ham Member QRZ Page

In Oklahoma, I heard ZS8Z around the 12th or 13th May I think on 20m LP. He was on a DX net and had a good signal here. As soon as I was ready though, he signed. Haven't heard him since.

5. N5YPJ

N5YPJ QRZ Moderator QRZ Page

From ARRL DX News 05/09/2013

I did work Z81X also. Apparently I got the suffix wrong from the spot but the prefix is correct. There was no listing in QRZ.com at that time.

6. UA6JD

UA6JD Moderator Volunteer DX Helper Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I have all Z81X logs on the hand, your first QSO with Z81X was 29 April on 15 ssb - at that time Z81X was already on QRZ.com . I am added this callsign to database and design Z81X QRZ page at first day when Olli began QRV .

Last edited: May 19, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.