Zoning variances

Discussion in 'General Technical Questions and Answers' started by KD4EOC, Apr 8, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
  1. KD4EOC

    KD4EOC Ham Member QRZ Page

    I am presently allowed a tower at 35ft. I want to request allowance for 50ft. Anyone out there with the knowledge and/or experience in writing zone variance requests. PLEASE HELP.
    Please reply to kd4eoc@bellsouth.net
    TNX Rick
  2. WB2WIK

    WB2WIK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

    No one but a lawyer experienced in zoning law in your particular municipality and county could do a worthwhile job on this. I'd recommend you consult an attorney specializing in these matters, explain what you're trying to do, and have him/her handle it.

    In some cases, lawyers who are also hams volunteer these services pro bono for fellow local hams. The ARRL has a listing of who these attorneys are at http://www.arrl.org

  3. KC8WBK

    KC8WBK Ham Member QRZ Page

    Try to come up with unusual circumstances which show that your case is unlike the average request. Many cities can only grant variances if the case is not a recurring problem that would happen again and again. This means that there has to be a special reason for your request, and that there has to be something unusual about your property to cause you to have to request a variance.

    Some cities are tough, some are easy. Your best bet is to talk to the zoning administrator and find out what he or she thinks about your project and its chances of getting approved. If your request is reasonable, they can be very helpful..
  4. AE4FA

    AE4FA Ham Member QRZ Page

    If you are an ARRL member, contact HQ. They recruit Ham / Lawyers to represent other hams in your situation pro bono (free).
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Share This Page