ZL9HR

Discussion in 'The DX Zone' started by KE4KY, Jul 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: abrind-2
ad: QSOToday-1
  1. WA6MHZ

WA6MHZ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Just HATE these DX Summit posts where someone says "BEGGING!!! 59+, EASY EASY EASY!!!"

Where ARE these people? on the other side of the island from the DXpediton?

2. WA7PRC

WA7PRC Ham Member QRZ Page

I didn't post 59 to DX Summit. I prefer the SK6AW cluster.
    I'm not anywhere on the island and didn't find it at all difficult to work them.
    I busted the pileup on the first call... barefoot. My log entry for 15m:
    [table="class: grid, align: left"]
    [tr]
    [td]CALL[/td]
    [td]DATE/TIME[/td]
    [td]BAND[/td]
    [td]FREQ[/td]
    [td]MODE[/td]
    [td]RST-S[/td]
    [td]RST-R[/td]
    [td]RIG[/td]
    [td]PWR[/td]
    [td]REMARKS[/td]
    [/tr]
    [tr]
    [td]ZL9HR[/td]
    [td]12-03-12 22:25[/td]
    [td]15[/td]
    [td]21.295[/td]
    [td]SSB[/td]
    [td]59[/td]
    [td]59[/td]
    [td]TS850SAT[/td]
    [td]100[/td]
    [td]Auckland & Campbell Is[/td]
    [/tr]
    [/table]

3. W4PG

W4PG Super Moderator Lifetime Member 279 Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

OK 4:30AM here abouts and no where to be found on 40 CW or 80 meters. What's the deal?? Don't they know I'm up out'a bed early this AM just for them??? Sheesh . . . . What kind of expedition IS this?? :)

4. N1EN

N1EN Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

When I got through on 20m Tuesday night, it was easy (or I was d*mn lucky). I heard them faintly, had no clue where "up" they were working, and tossed my call out....and was shocked when they came back. They weren't 599, but still....

Having said that, Tuesday morning, they were fairly loud on the East Coast on 30m. However, the pileup was also big. I decline to admit how long I spent trying to get through, to no avail.

I haven't heard them at any other time when I've been in the shack, however. We need more flux.

5. W4PG

W4PG Super Moderator Lifetime Member 279 Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Patience paid off! Just worked him on 40 CW! Just need him on 80 now. Looks like my 12 meter SSB QSO didn't make their log, so need that mode on that band. I wasn't sure about that one anyhoo. Cool!!

6. KB3LIX

KB3LIX Ham Member QRZ Page

Finally got thru on 30 cw last night, actually this morning
    after 4 nights of getting up at O-Dark-Thirty
    to try and hear them.

Worth the effort.

Number 263

7. WA8UEG

WA8UEG XML Subscriber QRZ Page

My 12 meter qso is not in their log either, maybe they will show up and it's just some type of issue logging the 12 meter contacts. All my others show up and it was a solid no doubt about it contact..

8. AB2ZY

AB2ZY Ham Member QRZ Page

I didn't realize that they weren't consistently overnighting, which explains why there seemed to be no spots or activity when I get home from work on the east coast.

I got up at 5:30 AM for the last three mornings. They have not been consistent in which modes they're working at that time. I've been able to hear them very well on 40m and 10m until about an hour after local sunrise, but no luck breaking through the pileup.

This morning I could barely barely hear them on 20m SSB - about an S-0.005. But absolutely no noise and not much QSB. I decided to call and managed to work them (I think!) with only about 10 minutes of trying.

Then I switched to 40m CW - a band and mode my modest station should do well on. It took an hour of chasing and trying to position myself to "intercept" them, but I managed to make a solid contact.

I'm happy and will sleep through the night tonight!

Al
    AB2ZY

9. WA6MHZ

WA6MHZ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

They can't overnight as the Enviromental wackos don't want to disturb the birdies at night. They have been incredibly weak whenever I have heard them, and they SHOULD be 59+ in here. So they must be running barefoot into little verticals. They seem to hear me OK,as I have gotten through relatively easily for the rareness of the Island! Not bad pileups!

10. N2ADV

N2ADV Ham Member QRZ Page

I can just barely pick them out of the noise on CW. Haven't even tried going back to them with the massive amounts of QRM'ers and band conditions.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.