ZL9A

Discussion in 'The DX Zone' started by W8FAX, Jan 8, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: l-BCInc
ad: Left-3
ad: L-Geochron
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. W8FAX

W8FAX Ham Member QRZ Page

Rather unbelievable. Around 1900 HRS or so, many ops working and posting on the cluster that they worked ZL9A on 14.025 Mhz when in reality they worked 3B9FR. He is clipping along at 30 wpm plus and I guess many keep missing his I.D., relying only on cluster posts. Some ops have even posted LP (long path) which would "seem" right as the sig would be stronger if you rotated your beam in the opposite direction. Sadly,many are gonna be NIL I'm afraid. Some also posted that the station is 3D2AG......interesting........

2. K8PG

K8PG QRZ Lifetime Member #333 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

The ZL9 A cw oprs Sxxk

3. K4LRX

K4LRX QRZ Member QRZ Page

Seems strange to me that one could not distinguish between 3 and Z and B and L. on CW. Thing is, lots of new ops cannot copy that fast, or with too much eagerness to report something on DX scape. Or, they just want to see their call reporting DX?

Thing is these two ears of mine are old, but they work fine for cw contacts.

4. DK7OB

DK7OB Ham Member QRZ Page

3B9FR was rather weak, I had some problems to copy his call. ZL9A was spotted on 14.025 and 14.006 at the same time.

I have not heard anything of the real ZL9A on any bands, while other EUs reported they worked him. That's quite strange, I usually at least hear the DX stations when they are working EU.